Photos: Albums
Lebron James: Stays or goes?

1) Cavs.
2) Heat
3)Bulls
4)Knicks
5)Nets
6)Clippers

in no discernible order, these are the teams Lebron has the choice of playing for. Personally, I think if he stays in Cavs and wins just one championship then he will be a God in Cleveland and will be eternally loved. He really has no reason to leave since the last two years the Cavs have been the best in the East and he has made it to the finals with this team.

Anyone care to make a guess where he ends up?

07-08-2010, 04:34 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Shouldn't the list be 1) Pentax 2)Nik 3) Can ....etc?

Then we can choose what we think he shoots. I'll bet its a Spotmatic!
07-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #3
Veteran Member

If he is at all interested in his legacy, then he will realize that Jordan has 6 rings and Kobe has 5. One ring in Cleveland will forever separate him from the best ever.

If he want to retire someday and be recognized as one of the greats, than he has to go to a place that can produce rings. Right now that place may be Miami.
07-08-2010, 06:15 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
If he is at all interested in his legacy, then he will realize that Jordan has 6 rings and Kobe has 5. One ring in Cleveland will forever separate him from the best ever.

If he want to retire someday and be recognized as one of the greats, than he has to go to a place that can produce rings. Right now that place may be Miami.
I have to agree. If he went to Miami then he would have an unfair advantage to start winning championships having 3 of the best 10 or 15 players on one team. On the otherside though, if he went there and doesnt win immediately or end his career with one or 2 championships then his legacy will be tainted as weird as that sounds. The only excuse he has to leave is for winning 3 championships or more where ever he goes and one Ring in Cleveland is equivalent to 3 Rings anywhere else

I personally dont like Lebron because he has a HUGE ego but if he stays with the Cavs then he will gain some points with me because staying in Cleveland is NO easy thing to do.

07-08-2010, 07:09 PM   #5

Original Poster
This thread is over, Lebron picked the Heat. I really can't believe it, he has no more legacy. He will forever be known as needing the second best SG and top 5 PF in the league to win a championship. I just hope this backfires in all of their faces for trying to create some type of fantasy team. Basketball is about a team, not putting all the superstars together as if this was some playstation game
07-08-2010, 07:45 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Done. No guarantee that it will work. It can either click and be like 2008 Celtics or fail miserably like the bloated salaries of the Knicks for the last decade. Forget the scoring, at the end of the day, NBA titles are won by defense and the ability to execute a half-court offense. The farther you go into the playoffs the more important they become - that's why high flyers like Dallas and Phoenix never take home the trophy.

I don't think teaming with Wade and Bosh will tarnish his legacy at all. NBA champs from the past 30+ years have always had 2 or 3 All Stars on them. And 50 years from now the details will be forgotten and all that people will talk about is the number of rings...
07-08-2010, 09:11 PM   #7

Original Poster
I have to agree with you again, nothing assures that the Heat will now be the best team in the NBA or even the East. The most recent teams to win championships have also had that 6th man to come off the bench to give teams the extra push, Manu Ginobli, Lamar Odom and the Celtics in 2008 have like 3 6th men coming off the bench. The Heat have spent so much on this three that the surround team are minimum wage players, not a great idea. And offenses Don't win championships, Lakers only scored over 100 points once during the 2010 Finals.

Michael Jordan could have had the opportunity to pick up and leave the Bulls after losing for so many years, but he is revered for sticking to it and finally making it. For Lebron to call himself and King and have to go to someone else team to be all but assured that he will win something soon is very sad. No matter how many championships he wins, he cannot be considered greater then Jordan now in my opinion.

When the Lakers won 3 in a row in 99-00,00-01,01-02, They had Shaq, who was top 3 best player in the league and one of the 50th greatest player of all time, but Kobe was young and not considered one of the best players in the league, not even top 20. Even the last 2 championships Lakers have won now (Kobe is 1 or 2 best in the League) but Pau was not a top player. He was consider good, not great, and was afraid of physical basketball. Its about having great basketball chemistry, not the best stats sheet that wins championships.

07-08-2010, 09:25 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Good riddance, thankfully the dude made a decision and we can all go on with our lives.
ESPN, the networks and the blogs; everybody hovering over the Decision.
Who In The F*** Cares! I am almost wishing the Heat suck next year.

I love basketball but when it comes to these overpaid, overhyped prima donnas, I am done. The NBA is the worse pro sports in the world. Who watches or cares about these games in November, December or January. The only time I tune is for the finals in May to June (soon to be July) and even that seems to suck.

Give me so good old college basketball. Or better yet international basketball.

Last edited by Jools; 07-08-2010 at 09:31 PM.
07-09-2010, 05:55 AM   #9

Pat Riley is not done.
07-09-2010, 07:05 AM   #10
Ira
Inactive Account

I guess the babes on South Beach interested him more than the babes at the Cleveland Mall.
07-09-2010, 08:43 AM   #11

Original Poster
I think you mean cleveland strip malls jeje. Its sad because Cleveland's economy was based on Lebron James, and its like a nuclear bomb has hit them and set them back 50 years. He single handedly made Cleveland more appeasing then the local government and tourism could have ever done. People with Lebron James tattoos are NOT have a good day today
07-09-2010, 09:55 AM   #12

QuoteOriginally posted by szurinaga Quote
Its sad because Cleveland's economy was based on Lebron James, and its like a nuclear bomb has hit them and set them back 50 years.
Do you even know anything about Cleveland? The Cleveland Browns, who can't have a winning season to save their lives, bring in more money to the city annually than LeBron James. The downtown bars, while they'll undoubtedly lose some money, were rather profitable a couple of years before LeBron was even finished with high school.

You want to know what had the biggest effect on our economy these past few years? It wasn't LeBron James, but healthcare. The healthcare industry is the biggest player in Cleveland's economy (see Cleveland Clinic and University Hospitals of Cleveland).

LeBron James leaving will hurt the morale of sports fans here, and it will hurt the tourism bureau, but not much more. Don't believe everything you see on Late Night Television and Youtube videos.

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores:
I don't think teaming with Wade and Bosh will tarnish his legacy at all. NBA champs from the past 30+ years have always had 2 or 3 All Stars on them. And 50 years from now the details will be forgotten and all that people will talk about is the number of rings...
In some ways it will tarnish his legacy, and in other ways it wont. Sports writers across the country are torching him because of 1) The way he made a big media event out of this whole thing and 2) The fact that he needed to go and play with 2 other superstars.

If he wins 5 or 6 rings with them, he will indeed be commended for that 50 years down the road. But he wants his legacy to be bigger than Jordan, bigger than Kobe, bigger than the game itself. He effectively killed any chance of that happening, not by leaving Cleveland, but simply by going to Miami. If he went to New York and did it, he would be remembered as a guy who took a chance and won. If he went to Chicago, he would be remembered as a guy who pushed young talent to their full potential to win. If he stayed in Cleveland, he would be remembered as a guy who brought a championship to a city that has known nothing but heartbreak in sports for the last 50 years. By going to Miami, he will be forever remembered as a guy who, while a great player, needed the help of another superstar to win. Jordan never had that other superstar. That is what we'll remember in 50 years.
07-09-2010, 10:15 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PeteyJ Quote
Do you even know anything about Cleveland? The Cleveland Browns, who can't have a winning season to save their lives, bring in more money to the city annually than LeBron James. The downtown bars, while they'll undoubtedly lose some money, were rather profitable a couple of years before LeBron was even finished with high school.

You want to know what had the biggest effect on our economy these past few years? It wasn't LeBron James, but healthcare. The healthcare industry is the biggest player in Cleveland's economy (see Cleveland Clinic and University Hospitals of Cleveland).

LeBron James leaving will hurt the morale of sports fans here, and it will hurt the tourism bureau, but not much more. Don't believe everything you see on Late Night Television and Youtube videos.

In some ways it will tarnish his legacy, and in other ways it wont. Sports writers across the country are torching him because of 1) The way he made a big media event out of this whole thing and 2) The fact that he needed to go and play with 2 other superstars.

If he wins 5 or 6 rings with them, he will indeed be commended for that 50 years down the road. But he wants his legacy to be bigger than Jordan, bigger than Kobe, bigger than the game itself. He effectively killed any chance of that happening, not by leaving Cleveland, but simply by going to Miami. If he went to New York and did it, he would be remembered as a guy who took a chance and won. If he went to Chicago, he would be remembered as a guy who pushed young talent to their full potential to win. If he stayed in Cleveland, he would be remembered as a guy who brought a championship to a city that has known nothing but heartbreak in sports for the last 50 years. By going to Miami, he will be forever remembered as a guy who, while a great player, needed the help of another superstar to win. Jordan never had that other superstar. That is what we'll remember in 50 years.
Some good points here, I think we are giving too much emphasis on who Lebron plays with. Kobe's first three rings, after all, don't have an asterisk on them because he won them with Shaq. And Jordan did have Pippen - a perennial All-Star and Hall of Famer - on the wing.

The history of the NBA is littered with great players that played in small markets but never won a championship. Karl Malone is a great example. It's also littered with great players that won multiple title but in smaller markets, and are unjustly diminished in stature. Hakeem Olajuwan and Tim Duncan fit this category. Rightly or wrongly, the best of the best win multiple titles in the big markets. Is Miami a big enough market to cement Lebron's legacy? Let's win some rings first and then discuss.

My prediction - Miami won't win the title for a number of years. All they've got is 3 players. You need more moving parts to win.
07-09-2010, 10:51 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't even like Cleveland as a city but my heart goes out to the inhabitants. That was a classless thing to do. The open letter from Dan Gilbert is almost as classless but it was probably from the heat of the moment. LeBron clearly has no shame.
07-09-2010, 11:55 AM   #15

Original Poster
I'm sorry, I'm very unclear sometimes. I meant that Lebron has destroyed the tourism that Cleveland had going for it at the time, and tourism is something that generates Large amounts of money for cities.

With all due respect to PeteyJ, no I dont know almost anything about Cleveland, but I dont think people fly in to Cleveland for their healthcare and I'm sure as shit that people won't come there to see the Browns. But yeah I know that the Browns are more important to the city than the Cavs, and yeah I do get most of my facts about Cleveland from that hilarious Youtube video that I've seen about 50 times!

But we do agree that Lebron James was the best chance Cleveland had in recent decades to bring a championship to the city in 60 years right?

Last edited by szurinaga; 07-09-2010 at 12:02 PM.