Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2010, 01:05 PM   #46

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Yeah but he wasn't going to win anything in NY. He looks like a douche for leaving Cleveland, but he would have looked like a huger douche for leaving Cleveland for a team that is as bad as the Knicks, no offense Refftool.

lol no offense, just like the Knicks!

07-12-2010, 06:13 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think is was a good move. Hime, Wade and Bosh are friends and have been talking about this for a while. Given the chance to play basketball (professionally) with 2 good friends (who happen to be pretty good players too), anyone would jump at the oppertunity.

I will say though, that this move will not help his "Lebron Vs Jordan" debate (it's not a bebate in my opinion), Larry Bird WINS hands down.

I would also like to voice my disgust of Dan Gilbert (he's the real Douche in this story).
07-12-2010, 08:53 PM   #48
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KxBlaze Quote
I think is was a good move. Hime, Wade and Bosh are friends and have been talking about this for a while. Given the chance to play basketball (professionally) with 2 good friends (who happen to be pretty good players too), anyone would jump at the oppertunity.

I will say though, that this move will not help his "Lebron Vs Jordan" debate (it's not a bebate in my opinion), Larry Bird WINS hands down.

I would also like to voice my disgust of Dan Gilbert (he's the real Douche in this story).
Except that Magic trumps a Byrd. However, I recall a Phil Donahue interview with Wilt Chamberlain years ago. Donahue asked him what he would do about Jordan. Chamberlains reply: "What would I do about Jordan? I want to know what Jordan would do about ME." Besides, Charles Barclay, Carl Malone, and Pete Maravich proved that 4, 5 or 6 rings aren't needed to be a legend.
07-12-2010, 09:21 PM   #49
Nubi

Jordan singlehandedly brought the shit franchise to a holy land. Even if what's-his-name wins a few in Miam, it ain't going to mean the same. No way. Even compared to what Kobe did without Shaq, it probably wouldn't measure up.

07-12-2010, 09:58 PM   #50
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
Jordan singlehandedly brought the shit franchise to a holy land. Even if what's-his-name wins a few in Miam, it ain't going to mean the same. No way. Even compared to what Kobe did without Shaq, it probably wouldn't measure up.
Jordan had some help from a couple of guys including one with funny hair and it didn't happen right away. Plus the dynamics were shifting at the Lakers, Celtics, Pistons. But that's they way it is over time. The new heros overlap and replace the old ones. I consider Magic to be my favorite Laker of all time because he could play point guard and center and did in the '80 Finals against the 76ers where he jumped center against the Chocolate Thunder and scored 42 points.

Edit: James has a long way to go to just be a James Worthy much less a Magic, Jordan, Byrd, Dr. J, Chocolate Thunder, Wilt the Stilt, Pistol Pete or a Bill Russel. However, I think the heat will make some noise. What kind remains to be seen.

Last edited by Blue; 07-12-2010 at 10:10 PM.
07-13-2010, 12:42 AM   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Neither. I predict he will quit the NBA and go to college.

Chris
07-13-2010, 05:41 AM   #52
Nubi

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Jordan had some help from a couple of guys including one with funny hair and it didn't happen right away. Plus the dynamics were shifting at the Lakers, Celtics, Pistons. But that's they way it is over time. The new heros overlap and replace the old ones. I consider Magic to be my favorite Laker of all time because he could play point guard and center and did in the '80 Finals against the 76ers where he jumped center against the Chocolate Thunder and scored 42 points.

Edit: James has a long way to go to just be a James Worthy much less a Magic, Jordan, Byrd, Dr. J, Chocolate Thunder, Wilt the Stilt, Pistol Pete or a Bill Russel. However, I think the heat will make some noise. What kind remains to be seen.

Correct that it didn't happen right away. I remember there was a period of frustration. But James has been there for 7 years already too. To me, bolting Cleveland equals admission of failures. It would have meant the most if he stuck around and sucked it up in Cleveland.

Magic is also my favorite laker. He knew how to control the game. When firing on all cylinders, he had complete control not only of himself, but also of his team mates as well as opponents. Jordan did too. Kobe, on the other hand, is not quite there in that regards, although he is getting there. James, on the other hand, still seems to solely rely on his athleticism. To win championships I think you need to go few steps forward with that.

I agree with ya that Miami will make some noise, that is for sure. In fact, they just might win the East. But, I don't think that Boston will go down easily. In fact, I think they match up against Miami pretty well. If Boston made a conscious effort to turn it into a half court game, throw some bodies against Bosh, and Wade and James will be challenged, no questions about it. That is the greatest thing about the NBA. It is a league of adjustments . . . . .

07-14-2010, 09:00 PM   #53
Pentaxian

I agree that if Boston is healthy, they aren't going to be easy to beat. Kobe didn't score against them any better then Lebron did. I get very annoyed that the Celtecs aren't getting the credit they deserve. Lebron didn't "quit", he got defended against by a very good team. The Lakers won in 7 by a hair. Would they have if Perkins was healthy and playing in that last game? Basketball is a team sport and it remains to be seen if the 3 Superheroes can actually play well together. The press has already handed them the trophy and they haven't played a game.
07-14-2010, 09:44 PM   #54
Site Supporter

Cleveland got some good news today. Due to the contract negotiations falling through, there may not be an NBA season next year.