Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
07-13-2010, 03:49 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Maybe I am out of line with this post, but anyway. Outmost picture quality, is it needed. I have three sons and I cannot keep up with them. They have cellphones, yes, most sophisticated designs and they live through them, it is the modern "agora", their market place where they meet everyone, discuss their life in a constant stream, their society has a large virtual aspect which they, if not actual together, fill with staccato language, pictures and video's, music. Their phones provide them with instant knowledge through internet links, tell them how to reach whatever spot to be with whomever and so on. It never stops. And at home image material gets loaded to their hives or whatever they call it, not just only facebook pages, and the sharing just goes on. They need their device more than anyting else and the sheer panic when a cellphone breaks down, or cannot compete with what the others have, it is life threating important, it seems. Phone, laptop, I have no kid that comes with us for longer than a day without. Yes, pictures are important, but not its quality, its communicational value is though. Even when I went out shoppin with them for some clothes, opinions of others where present through those stupid phones. And they are fast, extremely so. God, old I am.

But like creating a statue out of solid rock, picture creating may always be a very personal way to give body to a single point of vision you had, your very own moment and very personal feeling. It is indeed different from the constant stream my sons live in.