Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-17-2010, 01:39 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
PawnShop Gold II

Last week I struck gold and got a 645 with 3 prime lenses, including the645 35mm wide , All for 349.

This week I went in before work Well I went yet again to my local honey hole.
List of stuff here and a link to all of the stuff I got

This time I waked in and was greeted by Trent, He said Everything in That case has to go, Make me an Offer. I just blurted out 5 Bucks without looking at any of it. Well he said OK! Well I went to go see what I just bought, Well it was mostly 35mm film cameras but all sorts of goodies, winders Hoya filters, Bags, lenses, tons of O stuff.

When he was ringing it up he thought to himself, and muttered there is a problem, Mean while I am pulling out a $20 and told them this is for you go get lunch on me!

Well it seems they have to sell a certain percentage of extended warranty and when they are selling 10-15 items without any extended warranty, his bonus looks like crap, they track % to volume for extended warranty.

He said this 20 is mine right, I said Hell yeah!, He then proceeded to use it to pay for extended warranty on gear that cost .50 cents. I got a Asahi Pentax ME with lenses and an ME II winder for .50 cents. The lens is a close up zoom lens from vivatar. I got 2 of those one solid one and one plastic one that is the new on a new vivatar V3800N. I got a Nikon N5005 Af lens camera with an AF lens. I got a Canon Ae-1 with bag. and accessories I got a flip Camcorder, and a 3 Digi point and shoots all with cf, xd and sd cards. I know this stuff is all junk, However it cost less than one of the Hoya filters. I plan to sell it all on. I hope sto put it all towards my new Pentax 645D fund! Long way to go. Oh I also got a Nissan flash

07-17-2010, 02:08 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Where did you say that place was?

The Nissin flash can be used with a 20D - use the 5200G as my go to external flash now after checking the trigger voltage. May be worth a few bucks on the marketplace here.

Love these kinds of finds - lucky man!
07-17-2010, 03:21 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
Where did you say that place was
It's a pawn shop called EZPawn. The store number is #E0116. They are located at 36 W Horizon Ridge Parkway in Henderson, Nevada. Their phone number is 702-648-5200. Trent's employee id number is 300018020. Trent is the store manager. His last name is Stevenson.
07-17-2010, 09:42 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MPrince Quote
It's a pawn shop called EZPawn. The store number is #E0116. They are located at 36 W Horizon Ridge Parkway in Henderson, Nevada. Their phone number is 702-648-5200. Trent's employee id number is 300018020. Trent is the store manager. His last name is Stevenson.
Nice reading TEX! The great thing is he holds stuff for me. I have given him a list of items that I am always looking for, stuff like any digital flash, pentax, olympus,nikon, canon, takumar, takumar, takumar, Leica (Noctilux he had one set aside ,for me and a sales persons sold it for $500, I was almost sick) Zeiss, and lens that is f 1.8. or lower ( I have acquired many fast lenses from him, one being the Canon 55 f1.2 fr $20) .

I am also now looking for medium and large format camera/ lenses and darkroom gear. Loyalty has it's perks! He also has access to other stores inventory and can search it. I just need to flip some of this stuff, My house is looking like a pawnshop.

Trent is the man, he really takes care of his customers, yesterday I was just strolling in and he said, "All of that stuff has to go, make me any offer!" I did with out even looking $5 bucks, He said Sold! Also he had on ther counter 6 Penn fishing reels, all old ones, He was holding them for a customer, what a great guy. I always hear horror story's about how pawnshops rob people, to me they are like robin hood, they give money to the needy and sell to the poor, ME! lol well not like Robin Hood but close enough for me!

07-18-2010, 06:56 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by akfreak Quote
Nice reading TEX! .

I need to find a pawnshop like yours.