Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-20-2010, 05:55 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

P&R Discussion Forum Closed:

I note that Adam has closed this forum down because of abuse by some users.

There does not appear to have been any follow-up discussion of this action nor any objection from other members and the topic remains closed indefinitely?

This seems to me a pity!

In between the vast majority of Pentax related topics (as it should be) - it was interesting and stimulating to occasionally pop over to the P&R section to indulge in some intellectual arguments.

Some may well dispute the use of the word "intellectual" in this context!

Political argument, by its very nature, is and should be vigorous and those who do not like this type of discussion can stay away.

As a very occasional visitor to this P&R topic I still find that the whole forum has lost some spice because of this ban. What is your view, I wonder?

07-20-2010, 06:05 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
An official announcement has been made as far as I'm aware. The closure was also a collective decision, and therefore, all inquiries should be directed through the moderator contact form located under the forum dropdown.

With that said, a few points:
  • The forum's closure is temporary
  • The forum was closed to due repeated abuse after several warnings
  • Some users just didn't get it
  • I don't use the P&R forum and therefore don't have much to say
Once the forum re-opens, which will be sooner, rather than later, we hope to implement a system that will prevent abuse rather than close down the section for everyone, as you're right- I'm sure a lot of members enjoy the section and post reasonably.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
Closed Thread