Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2007, 02:28 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Okanagan, British Columbia, Canada get together, Mid September or early October?

I'm just wondering if anyone here would like to try a get together in my neck of the woods. So here's my idea.

If anyone is up for a photo adventure to the Okanagan, British Columbia I could make arrangements to pick them up from the Kelowna, British Columbia airport.

I've got room for 3 people in my car, and if there's anyone else driving they might be nice enough to take people along with them.
Plus I'm friends with everyone at a car rental, so I might be able to arrange a reduced rate there.

There's a pretty good chance I can arrange for free camping for small groups, and reduced prices at 1 or 2 motels. The weather should be relatively warm, and dry. Although you'll want a warm sleeping bag if your camping or a couple of extra blankets.

Early October will probably be nicer than Mid September with the fall colors starting to come out.

If it sounds like something you'd want to do please add a post along with the dates your free, and see if we can work something out.
Please keep in mind that I'll be busy the first and last week of September, so those 2 weeks won't work out for me.

08-20-2007, 12:27 PM   #2

Any good spots close to town (Oliver) that you can think of for the first week in Sept. It looks like I'll be at the Gleaners on the south end of town. Working in the morning and entertaining my kids in the afternoon, but if there was a short trip I could squeeze in that'd be cool. The kids will most likely want me to put the boat in at Osoyoos so I can try and get them wet, but I don't want to do that everyday.
08-20-2007, 12:34 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I'll be up that way on the weeked on sept. 16
I might be up for a little road trip back in october(of which I have every weekend free so far).
08-20-2007, 11:27 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jnorth Quote
Any good spots close to town (Oliver) that you can think of for the first week in Sept. It looks like I'll be at the Gleaners on the south end of town. Working in the morning and entertaining my kids in the afternoon, but if there was a short trip I could squeeze in that'd be cool. The kids will most likely want me to put the boat in at Osoyoos so I can try and get them wet, but I don't want to do that everyday.
The wineries are always nice. Mount Baldy Rd should have some nice scenery.
If you want I'll make sure that I take a little time out and take you up to 1 or 2 of the small scenic lakes, and get the ok to take you onto some private land where there is several old buildings and beautiful houses.

I'll also do a little snooping around and see what'll be the best scenery at the time.

QuoteOriginally posted by Gaelen Quote
I'll be up that way on the weeked on sept. 16
I might be up for a little road trip back in october(of which I have every weekend free so far).
Let me know when, and I'll try arranging the same sort of thing.

There's 1 sight that I've never made it to and that's the old mine in Headley.
If either of you care to check it out I'm game

08-21-2007, 12:02 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
There's 1 sight that I've never made it to and that's the old mine in Headley.
If either of you care to check it out I'm game
Do you mean up top? I'd certainly be game, but just not this trip. From down below I've never been interested enough to take more than a snap. Do you know what is involved in getting up top?

I'll pm you closer to the date with some contact info. The old buildings sound the most interesting, if it works out. Any of it would be fun if I can get permission from the logical half, to break away.

John