Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2010, 10:01 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Politics at a new low-ish level..

Actually it's more just plain stupid......
Tim Pawlenty takes his "hot wife," bland adequacy to Iowa - War Room - Salon.com
QuoteQuote:
What message is Pawlenty bringing to Iowa? He is your candidate -- if there is some reason you cannot bring yourself to support Romney, or Huckabee, or (god help us) Palin. You know, but you need to vote for someone. Also: He has a hot wife!

For this loyal Republican crowd, the setting was a familiar one. The opening line was not.

“I’m very thankful for my red-hot smoking wife, the first lady of Minnesota,” said Gov. Tim Pawlenty, pointing to his wife, Mary, who was standing a few feet away.

As the audience roared, she said with a smile: “Who, when they’re turning 50, doesn’t like to be called a red-hot smoking wife?”

08-02-2010, 10:17 AM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

In the immortal words of Howard Dean:

yee haw!
08-02-2010, 10:59 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
In the immortal words of Howard Dean:

yee haw!
I believe you've confused him with Buddy Ebsen.

The Dean quote is more like "YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAHHHH!"
(Of course one needs the awkward inflection to to it justice)
08-02-2010, 11:35 AM   #4
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote

The Dean quote is more like "YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAHHHH!"
(Of course one needs the awkward inflection to to it justice)
It's tough to get the inflection just right in print.

08-02-2010, 12:12 PM   #5
Veteran Member

my don't we have short term memories, the entire hot wife thing isn't new. Let us return to the 2008 Presidential campaign when then candidate Kucinich had a hot wife and it was all the buzz of the election.
08-02-2010, 02:40 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
my don't we have short term memories, the entire hot wife thing isn't new. Let us return to the 2008 Presidential campaign when then candidate Kucinich had a hot wife and it was all the buzz of the election.
Isn't part of the Repub platform that we shouldn't live in the (Bush) past??? Seems funny.
Now can you provide a "stupid" line like the one I quoted?
Hot wife or not.......... looks like I would have voted for him anyways.........
QuoteQuote:
On December 11, 2006 in a speech delivered at Cleveland City Hall, Kucinich announced he would seek the nomination of the Democratic Party for President in 2008. His platform[2] for 2008 included:

* Creating a single-payer system of universal health care that provides full coverage for all Americans by passage of the United States National Health Care Act.
* The immediate, phased withdrawal of all U.S. forces from Iraq; replacing them with an international security force.
* Guaranteed quality education for all; including free pre-kindergarten and college for all who want it.
* Immediate withdrawal from the World Trade Organization (WTO) and North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
* Immediate repeal of the USA PATRIOT Act.
* Fostering a world of international cooperation.
* Abolishing the death penalty.
* Environmental renewal and clean energy.

Dennis Kucinich campaign logo

* Preventing the privatization of social security.
* Providing full social security benefits at age 65.
* Creating a cabinet-level "Department of Peace"
* Ratifying the ABM Treaty and the Kyoto Protocol.
* Introducing reforms to bring about instant-runoff voting.
* Protecting a woman's right to choose while decreasing the number of abortions performed in the U.S.
* Ending the War on Drugs.
* Legalizing same-sex marriage.
* Lowering the voting age to 16 and the drinking age to 18
* Strongly promoting worker's rights.
* Ending the H-1B and L-1 visa Programs
* Restoring rural communities and family farms.
* Strengthening gun control.
* Legalizing medicinal marijuana and decriminalizing non-medical possession.

Kucinich describes his stance on the issues as mainstream.[3] "My politics are center for the Democratic party," he said in an interview before an AFL-CIO sponsored debate.[4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Kucinich_presidential_campaign,_2008
But then there's this:
QuoteQuote:
Kucinich named Ron Paul as his choice running mate in November, 2007

Last edited by jeffkrol; 08-02-2010 at 02:50 PM.
08-02-2010, 03:21 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Don't think Kucinich ever pointed to her and bellowed about her being red-hot smokin', though.

08-02-2010, 06:31 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Don't think Kucinich ever pointed to her and bellowed about her being red-hot smokin', though.
At least someone gets it.
08-02-2010, 07:10 PM   #9
Veteran Member

yes heaven forbid that someone actually still think that his own wife is attractive. The horror of it all my god hunt him down and shot him for his stupidity. sorry that I didn't get it my knuckles were dragging on the floor. I just hope that heaven forbid if any democrat anywhere say his wife is hot the uproar that I am sure will follow similiar to what you are doing to this guy I would say simply because he is a republican. This knuckle dragging republican will leave you enlightend democrats alone for a while,
08-02-2010, 08:34 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
yes heaven forbid that someone actually still think that his own wife is attractive. The horror of it all my god hunt him down and shot him for his stupidity. sorry that I didn't get it my knuckles were dragging on the floor. I just hope that heaven forbid if any democrat anywhere say his wife is hot the uproar that I am sure will follow similiar to what you are doing to this guy I would say simply because he is a republican. This knuckle dragging republican will leave you enlightend democrats alone for a while,
sorry, his statement lacks dignity and class. more reserved for prom night or frat houses....... I'd have no respect for a Dem. or anyone else for that matter. Though if it was just an "ordinary" person, I'd just feel pity and feel sorry for his wife who instantly was reduced to an object with very little worth but her "hotness"...
Us liberal midwest northerners are just that way.....
08-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #11
Veteran Member

she said with a smile: “Who, when they’re turning 50, doesn’t like to be called a red-hot smoking wife?”

so I take it that you are guessing that the wife is being sarcastic with her response?
08-02-2010, 10:56 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I take it she was volunteering to be a shill to increase her husband's draw for lowest-common-denominator voters.
08-03-2010, 05:09 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
I take it she was volunteering to be a shill to increase her husband's draw for lowest-common-denominator voters.
Now which is worse a husband calling his wife hot or you calling her nothing but a political tool and assuming that she is simply willing to be used that way?
08-03-2010, 05:24 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Now which is worse a husband calling his wife hot or you calling her nothing but a political tool and assuming that she is simply willing to be used that way?
First off, that misquotes what he said (he did not say "nothing but" a political tool), and second she took part in the rather undignified exchange and repeated the statement, so it is not an "assumption" that she is a willing participant. But with those corrections, I'll let him speak for himself.
08-03-2010, 06:39 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Thanks, Gene.

There are essentially two options:

1. She likes being put on a stage and talked about as a sexual object in front of a bunch of random people
2. She doesn't like it, but suffers it in the hopes that it will help her husband's campaign

Which is better?