Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-04-2010, 08:49 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Children in congress

Are you Americans embarrassed YET??????????
washingtonpost.com
If not you should be...............

Last edited by jeffkrol; 08-04-2010 at 11:08 AM.
08-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What is there to be embarrassed about?

08-04-2010, 10:08 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Yes that is stupid of the RNC its not something that we should be disrespecting the Office of the President and I cant prove it but would guess there was something similar done to Bush because we know how the DNC loved him.

what I found more interesting in the article was this however and its off topic but go with me for a second

"If true, that would appear to undercut the basic Democratic message for the election. In an interview Tuesday, Brodnitz said that "voters don't necessarily assume that today's Republicans will repeat the policies of the past. I personally feel like today's Republicans are getting away with murder."

The answer, Brodnitz said, is for Democrats to become much more explicit about connecting the Republicans of this Congress to Bush's policies, from which the country sharply departed at the end of 2008.

"When people understand that's the choice, it favors Obama," he said. "We really have to point out that is the choice." (Like maybe saying that the current GOP doesn't have a "single idea" that is different from Bush? Where have we heard that before?)

But there's a danger in heading too far in that direction. Elections are about the future, not the past, and making the 2010 elections all about Bush risks trying to replay the last election when the voters have moved on. "

If the Democrats are so much better than the Republicans is the best they can do it haul out the bogeyman plan all the time?

Party Politics

Joshua Green | November 30, 2002

It may seem odd that the only public celebration of George W. Bush's 54th birthday took place in July at Democratic National Committee (DNC) headquarters in Washington, D.C. But then feting the birthday boy wasn't what the hosts had in mind. The room was overflowing with, well, not exactly admirers, but certainly folks who had a keen interest in the Texas governor. Foremost among them was DNC Chairman Joe Andrew, who brought out a birthday cake topped with two oil rigs and decorated with money-stuffed prescription bottles bearing labels that read "Bush Prescription Drug Plan: For the powerful, not for the people." Andrew declined a request to sing "Happy Birthday," but instead launched into a chorus of complaints about Bush's record. He then proceeded to read aloud mock "telegrams" he claimed to have received from Bush cronies like Ken Lay, CEO of Enron, who offered the following warm wishes: "You've given us so much over the years, it often feels like our birthday every day. Wish I could give something in return. Something other than the $563,000 I've already donated to your campaigns." Try finding a Hallmark card with those sentiments.

yes its old but it shows the love we all have for our President R or D

Last edited by gokenin; 08-04-2010 at 10:16 AM.
08-04-2010, 10:23 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
What is there to be embarrassed about?

I was afraid someone wouldn't get it.....

---------- Post added 08-04-10 at 10:24 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
Yes that is stupid of the RNC its not something that we should be disrespecting the Office of the President and I cant prove it but would guess there was something similar done to Bush because we know how the DNC loved him.

what I found more interesting in the article was this however and its off topic but go with me for a second

"If true, that would appear to undercut the basic Democratic message for the election. In an interview Tuesday, Brodnitz said that "voters don't necessarily assume that today's Republicans will repeat the policies of the past. I personally feel like today's Republicans are getting away with murder."

The answer, Brodnitz said, is for Democrats to become much more explicit about connecting the Republicans of this Congress to Bush's policies, from which the country sharply departed at the end of 2008.

"When people understand that's the choice, it favors Obama," he said. "We really have to point out that is the choice." (Like maybe saying that the current GOP doesn't have a "single idea" that is different from Bush? Where have we heard that before?)

But there's a danger in heading too far in that direction. Elections are about the future, not the past, and making the 2010 elections all about Bush risks trying to replay the last election when the voters have moved on. "

If the Democrats are so much better than the Republicans is the best they can do it haul out the bogeyman plan all the time?

Party Politics

Joshua Green | November 30, 2002

It may seem odd that the only public celebration of George W. Bush's 54th birthday took place in July at Democratic National Committee (DNC) headquarters in Washington, D.C. But then feting the birthday boy wasn't what the hosts had in mind. The room was overflowing with, well, not exactly admirers, but certainly folks who had a keen interest in the Texas governor. Foremost among them was DNC Chairman Joe Andrew, who brought out a birthday cake topped with two oil rigs and decorated with money-stuffed prescription bottles bearing labels that read "Bush Prescription Drug Plan: For the powerful, not for the people." Andrew declined a request to sing "Happy Birthday," but instead launched into a chorus of complaints about Bush's record. He then proceeded to read aloud mock "telegrams" he claimed to have received from Bush cronies like Ken Lay, CEO of Enron, who offered the following warm wishes: "You've given us so much over the years, it often feels like our birthday every day. Wish I could give something in return. Something other than the $563,000 I've already donated to your campaigns." Try finding a Hallmark card with those sentiments.

yes its old but it shows the love we all have for our President R or D
Read the full article in my other topic I started.....
As to the rest, I don't condone that either. 2 wrongs do not make a right.

Last edited by jeffkrol; 08-04-2010 at 10:32 AM.
08-04-2010, 10:44 AM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
I was afraid someone wouldn't get it.....

---------- Post added 08-04-10 at 10:24 AM ----------

Read the full article in my other topic I started.....
Oh, I read it and I Get it.

"Elections are about the future, not the past, and making the 2010 elections all about Bush risks trying to replay the last election when the voters have moved on. "

I'll direct your attention to ...1988, 1990, 1992 ... 2008. Tell me when it's ever been any different on EITHER side? Then tell me when it ever Will be. I'll bet you cannot. Do you honestly think the Dems aren't going to try and drag out the Bush whipping post in 2010? It worked for them in 2008, why screw with what works?

The embarrassment should be on BOTH sides if there is any but these politician type people don't have the conscience that it would require. Your initial post asked:

QuoteQuote:
Are you repubs. embarrassed YET??????????
As if there wouldn't be enough embarrassment to go around. Clearly an attempt to bait people leaning the opposing way of yourself into some sort of defensive argument. Sorry to disappoint you.

08-04-2010, 11:07 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Oh, I read it and I Get it.

"Elections are about the future, not the past, and making the 2010 elections all about Bush risks trying to replay the last election when the voters have moved on. "

I'll direct your attention to ...1988, 1990, 1992 ... 2008. Tell me when it's ever been any different on EITHER side? Then tell me when it ever Will be. I'll bet you cannot. Do you honestly think the Dems aren't going to try and drag out the Bush whipping post in 2010? It worked for them in 2008, why screw with what works?

The embarrassment should be on BOTH sides if there is any but these politician type people don't have the conscience that it would require. Your initial post asked:

As if there wouldn't be enough embarrassment to go around. Clearly an attempt to bait people leaning the opposing way of yourself into some sort of defensive argument. Sorry to disappoint you.

OK I corrected one word in first post. Happy..... premise remains the same.

---------- Post added 08-04-10 at 11:13 AM ----------

"voters don't necessarily assume that today's Republicans will repeat the policies of the past. I personally feel like today's Republicans are getting away with murder."
Haven't proved it by me ala "Bush" tax cuts.. fight against bank regulation.....privatize SS and Medicare...... There are NO differences, perception or not.
Show me the "new republicans" PLEASE.
08-04-2010, 12:41 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
OK I corrected one word in first post. Happy..... premise remains the same.

---------- Post added 08-04-10 at 11:13 AM ----------

Haven't proved it by me ala "Bush" tax cuts.. fight against bank regulation.....privatize SS and Medicare...... There are NO differences, perception or not.
Show me the "new republicans" PLEASE.
Jeff I simply quoted the same article that you mentioned what are you attributing that quote to me for? Do you read the full article when you quote it or just the part that you can use?

08-04-2010, 02:52 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Jeff I simply quoted the same article that you mentioned what are you attributing that quote to me for? Do you read the full article when you quote it or just the part that you can use?
To be honest I pretty much went from the orig article to the link showing the other birthday cards. The rest was not important at the time.
As to the rest it was more of another topic and a fairly worn one.
Health care reform (of any kind) pretty much separated this admin from ALL prev. admins...... the seperation is quite clear to me and see nothing (bush-like or not) that is any "salvation" from the current group of loony toon candidates (or candidate wanna bees) on the "other side"....... Feingold/Kohl still have my vote.
I'd vote Reid compared to the other looney toon. The ebay "chief" (for your FYI even the founder of ebay said a monkey could have run the company) HP chief (I detest HP as a brand)...... Crazy "voucher man" from my state.... throw him to the dogs... Bushy's or not............ Newt??? please, Palin, over my dead body... As to the rest, your on your own, not my problem... Oh I didn't want to see Blanch Lincoln back (Thank you Clinton for that one).................. Brown?? Kennedy beater or not he's still a wishy washy moron.
Funny thing again seems NOBODY but a few like Bush........... that I find humorous to all those that say the "future will be kind to him"..
Yet the current crop "clings" to the old failed ideas.........
QuoteQuote:
Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner took up the role of political attack dog Wednesday, lambasting Republican tax policies as a "700 billion dollar fiscal mistake."

In a rare partisan jab, Geithner assailed Republicans for backing tax cuts for "the top two percent" of US earners, a policy he said would punch a hole in government budgets for the next decade.

"Borrowing to finance tax cuts for the top two percent would be a 700 billion dollar fiscal mistake," Geithner told the center-left Center for American Progress in Washington.

"It's not the prescription the economy needs right now, and the country can't afford it."

Republicans have called for President Barack Obama to keep the cuts in place to stimulate spending and aid the fragile economic recovery.

But Geithner said the measures -- first introduced by president George W. Bush -- made no economic sense and must be allowed to lapse at the end of the year................His comments were dismissed by blogger and former Bush White House economic advisor Keith Hennessey.

"It's disappointing to see this from Secretary Geithner, whom I see as the least partisan member of the Obama economic team," Hennessey said.
AFP: Geithner assails Republican tax policies
08-04-2010, 05:06 PM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

but you have to admit this is funny!
Attached Images

08-07-2010, 08:42 AM   #10
Pentaxian

I'm very surprised. I didn't think there was anybody in the Republican party with a sense of humor. I think it's much more embarrassing when they start quoting The Onion, thinking it's a real news report.
08-09-2010, 11:10 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
but you have to admit this is funny!
Thought this was funny too.....
Michele Bachmann dodges tea party smackdown with sick day - Minneapolis / St. Paul News - The Blotter