Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
08-09-2010, 10:14 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hangu Quote
I see it now. I was curious as to what camera/lens set up would create that type of depth of field for an object the size of a car. I guess that P&S was set in portrait mode and it automatically blurred the background. You can see the line between sharp and blurry at the bottom right.
Bloody amazing.....when you mentioned the "line between sharp & blurry", i didn't know what you were talking about.......never noticed anything before.....and those shots are 4 yrs old!!.....so I had a look for what you mentioned.....and saw it!!!
Cheers, Pickles.

08-09-2010, 10:47 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm just as amazed as you. I wonder how the 4 year old P&S is able to mask the car so well. Granted it's a mass of yellow but it's able to do it on the fly. Not even Photoshop has anything comparable.
08-10-2010, 09:37 AM   #18
Pentaxian

I saw "GTO" in the thread, then your shot - not what I expected, though I assume it is a nice car. :-)

For those who miss the old days, this Plymouth GTX is typical of the American muscle-car era...

08-10-2010, 11:10 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice shots of the various cars! I like the GTX option “Radio-Solid State-AM”.

I used to own a 1964 T-bird convertible in the mid ‘80s. It was a great car to drive & look at, but was unfortunately a four wheeled "money pit".

Old Pentax cameras are much cheaper to keep on the road! (There was no Eric equivalent for my old Ford)

Phil.

08-10-2010, 04:32 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
I saw "GTO" in the thread, then your shot - not what I expected, though I assume it is a nice car. :-)

For those who miss the old days, this Plymouth GTX is typical of the American muscle-car era...

Wow......a 440GTX, with a ripper build sheet....gotta love that.....Is it yours?
As far as the "old days" are concerned, I'd have LOVED to have been around in America in the early seventies & to be driving a car like that....I'd be cruising along, listening to the Beach Boys, singing "California Girls", or better still "Little Duece Coupe".....or I could even have been driving down Route 66 in a Corvette, listening to them singing "Route 66".
Aaaahhhh....The "Old Days"......Did any forum member actually live my dream....ie, drive a big block muscle car in the seventies?
Cheers, Pickles.
08-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Who peed on the seats?
08-10-2010, 05:44 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very, very yellow isn't it

It looks like a banana

And yellow leather seats!!! - screams pimpmobile to me

08-10-2010, 06:17 PM   #23
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pickles Quote
Wow......a 440GTX, with a ripper build sheet....gotta love that.....Is it yours?
As far as the "old days" are concerned, I'd have LOVED to have been around in America in the early seventies & to be driving a car like that....I'd be cruising along, listening to the Beach Boys, singing "California Girls", or better still "Little Duece Coupe".....or I could even have been driving down Route 66 in a Corvette, listening to them singing "Route 66".
Aaaahhhh....The "Old Days"......Did any forum member actually live my dream....ie, drive a big block muscle car in the seventies?
Cheers, Pickles.
I was around in the '70s and did drive around in cars like that. A friend of mine had a GTX with 440 six-pack. It was an incredible car. I drove a Buick Wildcat GS for awhile (425 cid, 465 ft-lbs of torque with posi in the back) vrroom, vrroom and also owned a 67 Camaro. My closest brush with true car stardom was when I was within a hair's breadth of buying a 1969 AMX. Not the crummy mini car, but the high performance 390 with 420 HP and no back seat. The car was death waiting to happen. Happily my wife was not particularly interested and my life was spared.

Steve

(Blew the engine on the Wildcat in the middle of the desert. Siamese cylinder wall breached and the whole bank on one side went at once. When we pulled the pan, there were no pieces of the pistons bigger than a quarter. Funny thing was that the whole event was relatively quiet. One second I was roaring away down a long straight. The next second it was dead silence with a plume of steam going out the back...)

Last edited by stevebrot; 08-10-2010 at 06:24 PM.
08-10-2010, 09:46 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Did any forum member actually live my dream....ie, drive a big block muscle car in the seventies?
Tried to tell you about it pickles, that old goat of mine,sounds like specialK and Steve
did too.they can relate. Think the best thing about it is beyond the technology.
Talking about 66, its the "culture of the corridor" that has the allure.
Dont know if I can describe it, goin out that way later in week, still have bits and
pieces of original slabs in area, Ill try to get some pics for ya.