Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2010, 10:52 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Former GOP NY Assemblyman gets 12 years

He tried to arrange the rape of 2 pre-teens through their "mother" (State Police investigator). At his sentencing he blamed the Internet. If he had been caught with some Marijuana he would be doing life.

12 years for act without defense - Times Union

08-11-2010, 11:42 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Now my next comment will NOT be politically correct

He is a man that deserves to be shanked while in prison since we cant use the death penalty for his offense.

Sorry I have no tolerance for these crimes no matter what political party they be (again was it really needed to say he is a GOP member does party affiliation really matter when it comes to dirtbags)
08-11-2010, 11:44 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote

He is a man that deserves to be shanked while in prison since we cant use the death penalty for his offense.

Sorry I have no tolerance for these crimes no matter what political party they be (again was it really needed to say he is a GOP member does party affiliation really matter when it comes to dirtbags)
To the jackass party it does.

08-11-2010, 11:49 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Being an ex politician AND a prior member of the parole board, on top of being a pedophile, it is doubtful that he will survive prison unscathed...

08-11-2010, 12:10 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
To the jackass party it does.

Stay classy.
08-11-2010, 12:45 PM   #6
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Stay classy.
I thought that was their mascot.. What is classless about using the term?

08-11-2010, 12:47 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Wasn't objecting to "jackass."
08-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Your objection then?

08-11-2010, 12:57 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Actually, I think I misread your post. But it's still annoying in a way I hadn't previously considered.
08-11-2010, 01:12 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
These guys are real "family values" types.

Republican Sex Offenders

This was another local guy.

Former Oswego mayor John Gosek going home after 33 months in prison | syracuse.com
08-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #11
Veteran Member

just in case you thought it was only the Republicans

Sex Offender Issues: Top 10 Democrat Sex Scandals in Congress

DEMOCRAT SEX OFFENDER
Most people haven't heard of Jeffrey Epstein, a billionaire sex-offender, with close ties to former President Bill Clinton, New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson, and members of the Obama Administration. But after July 21, folks may be hearing more from him. That's when his year-long probation -- after he pleaded guilty to state charges arising from sexually charged massages and sex in exchange for money with under-age females -- comes to an end.

Back in 2007 and 2008 when the Epstein-sex-abuse scandal broke, Democrats who at one time couldn't move fast enough to get close to him, were running scared. Clinton, who famously traveled with Epstein to Africa, and Epstein friend, Obama economic adviser and former Harvard president Lawrence Summers, who sought tens of millions from Epstein for the university, would not comment on the relationship. Bill Richardson and then-New York Governor Eliot Spitzer returned political donations.

But Epstein, who, according to Palm Beach, Fla., newspaper reports, has settled more than two-dozen lawsuits and claims against him by underage females, and who will remain a registered sex offender for the rest of his life, is said to have been able to hold on to billions of his vast fortune, and continues to maintain homes in Palm Beach, Manhattan, New Mexico and an island in the U.S. Virgin Islands. And that has Democrat party fundraisers willing to overlook his criminal and sordid past if he's game to start underwriting efforts for the Democrat party agenda.

"We are a forgiving people," says one Democrat National Committee fundraiser. "Look, Eliot Spitzer is going to have his own national TV show on CNN -- why can't someone like Epstein be allowed to support political and philanthropic endeavors he cares about?"

To that end, according to Democrat insiders, former close associates to Epstein, like Clinton and Richardson, who is leaving office after the 2010 election cycle, have been approached by party officials about how to best engage Epstein's largesse without directly tying him to the Democrat party. It is not known whether Clinton or Richardson has been in contact with Epstein in the past two years.

"There are any number of ways for us to do that," says the DNC fundraiser. "If there is a foundation, he can give the money through the foundation to entities like The Tides, which will use his money confidentially to fund our causes. He can give dollars to groups like the Center for American Progress, where his name won't be made public. He's paid his debt to society, and we can't afford to have him stuck on the sidelines."
The American Spectator : Perverse Democrats

One convicted sex offender whose face will stay off the Web site is Michael Boxley (search). He's the former chief counsel to the New York State Assembly's leading Democrat. Boxley was found guilty of sexual misconduct a year ago and is listed as a level 1 offender. But Democrats deny they're protecting one of their own.

N.Y. Ponders Sex Offender Registry Changes - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum - FOXNews.com

dig deep enough and any political party has dirt in it.
08-11-2010, 02:36 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Frankly I believe thare are just as many Democrats who are sexual offenders as there are Republicans.... However the Republicans who get caught often have long public records of speaking out against sexual practices of all kinds (both legal and illegal). Thus when they are caught they are much more liable to charges of hypocrisy than their Democratic fellows. Face it, when a Democrat who has advocated sexual freedom or liberality (though few even of them advocate illegal stuff like pedophilia) gets caught with his pants down there is less fuel available to throw on the fire.

Imagine the difference if Monica Lewinski had worked for GW Bush?

Mike

Last edited by MRRiley; 08-11-2010 at 03:58 PM. Reason: fixed senseless sentence structure
08-11-2010, 02:57 PM   #13
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Frankly I believe thare are just as many Democrats who are sexual offenders as there are Republicans.... However the Republicans who get caught often have long public records of speaking out against sexual practices of all kinds (both legal and illegal). Thus when they are caught they are much more liable to charges of hypocrisy than their Democratic fellows. Face it, when a Democrat who has advocated sexual freedom or liberality (though few even of them advocate illegal stuff like pedophilia) there is less fuel available to throw on the fire when he gets caught with his pants down.

Mike
So, is what you are saying, Mike, that everybody expects the Democrat politicians to be sleaze-balls?

(Oh, what? Lighten up, it was a joke! )
08-11-2010, 06:48 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Personally I think the penalty for child molestation should be public castration . Problem solved and no expensive jail time. It would be even cheaper if it was done by a vetanarian.

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote

Mike
He might have said " Young lady please get your big butt off my desk ."
08-11-2010, 07:43 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote

Reminds me of a visit to Brugges a few years ago, where we say this painting of the punishment for corruption in office a few centuries ago.