Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
"What have you done for me lately"

Jeanne Devon ("AKMuckraker"): Palin's Promise to Alaska Falls Flat One Year Later: Happy Anniversary
QuoteQuote:
So what has she done in the past year -- her first as a private citizen, unfettered by the burden of governing, and a title -- to chart a new course for the state of Alaska?

Her celebrated oil tax reform called ACES (Alaska's Clear and Equitable Share) that was passed with blood, sweat, tears and Democrats, is in the cross-hairs of the legislature. It was her big legacy legislation, the only good thing she ever did, and it's in trouble with Palin nowhere to be seen.

There is no relief in sight for Western Alaska which teeters on the brink of disaster with every winter.

The last great wild salmon run on the continent in Bristol Bay is threatened by the looming specter of a huge copper and gold mine at its headwaters. The potential for environmental disaster from the Pebble Mine is epic, and would arguably affect the nation's seafood supply more than the current Gulf tragedy.

Domestic violence, sexual assault, alcohol and drug abuse, incest, and the desperate and tragic migration of Native Alaskans from village life into big cities all continue to plague our state. Our high school drop out rate is astronomical. Each of these issues and so many more could benefit from a powerful national voice speaking up for those who can't.

Palin, instead, has used her time, her energy and her star power to - write a book about herself and tour the nation. She's become a contributor on Fox News to repeat talking points about (irony alert) what an ineffectual leader the President has become. She has continued to chant the mantra "drill baby, drill" even as the southeast faces an environmental holocaust. She's Facebook blasted a journalist who rented the house next door that she refused to buy.
I did like the cartoon.....

QuoteQuote:
But that winter, the real Governor Palin's answer to the crisis was (after six weeks of doing nothing and having her apathy called out by bloggers, community leaders, Native elders, and covered in the mainstream media) to fly out on a private jet to one rural community with Rev. Franklin Graham at her side, and a plate of homemade cookies.......But the "let them eat cookies" strategy of dealing with this crisis wasn't the only plan. There were also some food boxes that had been stuffed with little proselytizing fliers from "Samaritan's Purse," Graham's evangelical relief organization.

Her conservative message was clear. People in need? Sorry, not the government's problem. However, look and see how crises can be handled by private organizations doing God's work.

So now that she would no longer be part of the problem government, surely she'd be part of the private solution. Right?
http://www.themudflats.net/2009/02/28/speaking-of-rural-alaska-let-them-eatcookies/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/geoffrey-dunn/wally-hickel-and-sarah-pa_b_569419.html
http://www.themudflats.net/2010/08/14/voices-from-the-flats/

Last edited by jeffkrol; 08-14-2010 at 10:59 AM.
08-14-2010, 11:50 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteQuote:
the past year -- her first as a private citizen
More Palin bashing from the jackass party. I thought McCain and she Lost the election in 2008.

brother

08-14-2010, 12:50 PM   #3
Pentaxian

The advert has an incorrect spelling of recipe.
08-14-2010, 01:04 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
FOR entertainment only ;)

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYzU3wSfoq8&feature=player_embedded[/YT]
http://www.themudflats.net/2010/07/25/sunday-laugh-sarah-palin-in-cgi-animation/
dysfunctional is funny........ just watch Married w/ children
http://theimmoralminority.blogspot.com/
QuoteQuote:
P.S. By the way I have heard from a number of sources that Bristol is STILL trashing Mercede on Facebook every chance she gets. (Remember this?) I guess that whole, "The parties agree that they shall not allow the child to visit with, or interact with, any family member who publicly ... or in front of the child, criticizes the other parent or the other parent's family", only applies if the Palin family are the ones being criticized. Because, as we all know, the rules only apply to people who are NOT part of that family.

Last edited by jeffkrol; 08-14-2010 at 01:11 PM.
08-14-2010, 07:31 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
The advert has an incorrect spelling of recipe.
I think that is on purpose.

If Palin weren't out in the limelight injecting herself into all kinds of races, no one would be satirizing her.

Some Republicans have had enough of her involvement as well. http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/08/gop-rep-says-palin-should-butt.html She is very popular among the dwindling Republicans, but very divisive elsewhere, as more view her unfavorably than favorably. Few other Republicans have nearly her negatives outside the party. http://www.gallup.com/poll/141341/palin-favorable-among-republicans-tops-others-gop.aspx . Apparently, a majority of Americans would have reservations about a candidate if she endorsed them. http://www.newsweek.com/blogs/the-gaggle/2010/07/29/does-an-endorsement-from...andidates.html

Last edited by GeneV; 08-14-2010 at 07:57 PM.
08-15-2010, 02:59 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Quote"Domestic violence, sexual assault, alcohol and drug abuse, incest, and the desperate and tragic migration of Native Alaskans from village life into big cities all continue to plague our state. Our high school drop out rate is astronomical."

This is all too common on American Indian reservations. Oh wait, a large part of the Alaskan population is Native American. The people of Alaska need to wake up and realize that Palin no longer gives a fig about them-until she needs them for something again-like a photo op. She just needs to quietly go back to her life of hunting and fishing and fade from public view. She reminds me of the crazy old aunt a lot of southerners used to keep locked up in the attic.
08-16-2010, 08:31 PM   #7
Forum Member

I would consider myself a constitutionalist/classical liberal (nothing to do with modern liberalism) ...pretty much what todays conservatives wish they could be but aren't and I think Sarah Palin is not worth voting for. The best thing this country could do is vote for Ron Paul. I dont agree 100% with everything the guy says but he's not in it for the fame and the money like all the others. The guy actually gives part of his House salary back to the Treasury every year.

We need to get back to the basics in this country. Ron Paul seems wacko to most people because they are so used to the idiots stealing their money and security it seems normal. I'm rambling a little here, but I wouldn't dare ever put a Democratic or Republican label on myself, and will continue to register unaffiliated for the foreseeable future. As I get older I do realize that a person can be intelligent, but people are dumb and thats why we've had politicians that are worthless for the last 150 years and will continue to.

08-16-2010, 11:55 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Me thinks Jeffkrol has a crush on miss Palin.
08-17-2010, 05:03 AM   #9
Todd K.

QuoteOriginally posted by mikro Quote
I would consider myself a constitutionalist/classical liberal (nothing to do with modern liberalism) ...pretty much what todays conservatives wish they could be but aren't and I think Sarah Palin is not worth voting for. The best thing this country could do is vote for Ron Paul. I dont agree 100% with everything the guy says but he's not in it for the fame and the money like all the others. The guy actually gives part of his House salary back to the Treasury every year.

We need to get back to the basics in this country. Ron Paul seems wacko to most people because they are so used to the idiots stealing their money and security it seems normal. I'm rambling a little here, but I wouldn't dare ever put a Democratic or Republican label on myself, and will continue to register unaffiliated for the foreseeable future. As I get older I do realize that a person can be intelligent, but people are dumb and thats why we've had politicians that are worthless for the last 150 years and will continue to.
Your are right. If America really wanted change Paul was the guy to vote for.

The best/worst aspect of representative government is that we get the type of government that we deserve.

Oh, and yes I will never vote for any Ticket Sara Palin is on, and I am pretty conservative.
08-24-2010, 08:06 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
My goodness Ms. Palin is vacuous. The tweet regarding Dr. Laura is not only illiterate, and ignorant of the first amendment, but it is also oblivious to the racial issues raised. Now, several black Republicans are saying she is not fit to lead. Of course, after Michael Steele, who is paying attention to black Republicans.

To my friends on the right. Ditch this person. She does nothing but scare up opposition from moderates. From my point of view (in case anyone cares) she represents exactly the wing of the party that sent me running for the door.