Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2007, 08:27 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Question...

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this question... but...

For the administrators... have you considered adding a small chat program onto the site. I am part of another forum that uses V-bulliten and they have added a small chat program ..

It is nice because sometimes its easier to talk out a question, plus its nice to actually talk with others live instead through a thread..

If interested PM me or reply and I will get you the information and the link to the other site for the chat program..

Any thoughts from others if they would like that option or not??

08-25-2007, 10:43 AM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I understand your point because you can get more instant answers to a question but I don't want a chat room because then the answers will not be visible and archived for all to see. There are many regular users here that take a lot of time to research and help others with issues and the chat room would make that much harder for all of us to see what's being discussed unless we were online all the time. Searching a chat log for an answer is tedious and much harder than the forum.

Sorry my vote is no. Most of us are set up on MSN or something similar so an exchange of online names could be easily done and things could be discussed there if need be.

Lastly Adam runs this site without any ad support and adding more server space to run that feature would change that. This is all by donation to keep things going.
08-25-2007, 11:57 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I have to agree with Peter, my answer would also be no. I see no use for a chat room here on the forum. The amount of space it would require and the expense is unacceptable to the forum members that would not use it. If we want to access a member in private we have PM and e-mail. When we post a question here, in most cases we get answers right quick. And there is great discussion on most threads. So why would we need a chat room?