Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2010, 08:51 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Bridal Photography Services with Gown Rental

My fiancee (legally wife now) and I are in the market for a wedding photography session, but right now we do not have the budget for a gown or proper wedding ceremony, let alone a wedding photographer. We would really like to have some photographic memento of this time of our life though, and in both our countries of origin, gown rentals bundled together with makeup and a studio session on budget prices is a common thing, but I am having a hard time finding this type of service in Canada. It seems like for anything that deals with wedding, the bride has to have her own gown (and somehow arrange her own makeup?). Does anyone have any pointers as to what we have to search for for this type of service? Or is it simply nonexistent (in Canada)? Thanks in advance for all the answers

If this is in the wrong section, mods please feel free to move

08-17-2010, 11:24 PM   #2
nah

Photos: Gallery
There are places in Vancouver if you're willing to come out this way.
08-18-2010, 12:46 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Find a portait photographer, book them for an hour. See if you can rent a dress from a dress shop. Do your own makeup.
08-20-2010, 05:11 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Andi, As Halifax is my home town (and I don't live that far away now), I'd love to come home for a visit and cover what you want. I also have a portable studio and could do that as well as location shots.

If the timing works I'd be happy to offer my services to you. As long as I'm not booked for the dates you have chosen, I'd forego my usual fees. Contact me via PM if you want a photographer and we can work out the details.

I have some suggestions on the gown as well but makeup is normally a separate service that she would have to book. Same for hair.

I think I'll put this in GT

Last edited by Peter Zack; 08-20-2010 at 05:21 AM.
08-20-2010, 09:11 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
@Nah: I actually checked the tickets... but unfortunately the ticket would in the end cost us tons. I have some friends in Van but now doesnt seem to be the right time to visit. Thanks though

@egordon: Thanks for the suggestion Gordon, We figured that we would probably end up going that route, and get makeup from a Salon.

@Peter: Pm sent Peter