Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2010, 06:09 PM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
For those that underestimate the power of a storm, or don't know what to expect from a storm like this,

The Storm of 2008 | Photo book preview
The thing that really drove it home for me was a tractor trailer in the top of an old giant banyon tree after Andrew . Still don't really understand it but it was a sight to see.

09-03-2010, 08:21 AM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
I should have an interesting day on Saturday if this track holds. I have a wedding at 2PM in PEI. If the track is right, it could be at the height of the storm.

It could be pretty strong as well. The local weather has been unusually hot, yesterday setting a record at 31°C (88°F), 3 degrees higher than the old record and it's supposed to be hotter today. Halifax was 35°C (95°F) yesterday.

The local ocean water is around 5 degrees warmer than normal. The temperatures this year are the hottest on record from Jan to July. We really didn't have a winter this year. No snow and warm.

So the conditions are ripe for the storm to hold its strength as it moves north.

So I have a picture with the bride and groom I want to try. Him blowing down the street and her hanging vertically on to a lamp pole for dear life. I just need to anchor myself to get the shot.

I wonder if there will even be a wedding. Power could be out, it was supposed to be outside and that will have to change. Will I even be able to drive to it?
Well Peter, At least you and the B&G will remember the wedding day... And they'll have to name their first son Earl... LOL Take care!

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Get out the surf board and a weed eater motor.
I believe the Mythbusters tried that... LOL
09-04-2010, 08:46 AM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like New England dodged this one, anyway. Not sure how that wedding on PEI will go, though.
09-07-2010, 06:57 AM   #79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chris