Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2010, 05:34 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Quick show of hands, who thinks Obama is or ever was the Messiah?

Thought so.

I do not understand how criticism of Bush policies - by republicans of the day to boot - comes across as something it isn't. Quite correctly Phil points out that Obama hasn't exactly strengthened the dollar. The policies have been a stealth inflation on us for 10 years - one without hugely rising prices or high interest rates, but one where our earnings have steadily eroded nontheless.

Let's face it, Bush sold everyone a bill of goods, and delivered something quite different. He did not defend our country by not defending our dollar - leaving that to 'market forces' and undefended. Without fail, every time the dollar has had a prolonged weakness, our country's economy has suffered, whether it was a republican or democrat running things. And this is not liberal talk - usually this sort of thing is beyond a typical liberal's attention span - but rather good republicans and centrist democrats have made these points.

If that has to be 'blame Bush' as a defense for the mess a certain strain of Republicans is still attempting to put us in, so be it. Apart from the strong dollar, I've heard from Obama prescriptions to all the other ills pointed out by serious Republicans, for the lack of real growth in America for the past decade.

BTW, I did not get the same thrill of a weight lifted when Obama took office as I did when Clinton did. It is the sorry state of the economy and the wars probably, but when Clinton rescinded the stem cell research ban put in place by Reagan/Bush I have a distinct recollection of feeling an oppression lift, an oppression I hadn't even been conscious of.

09-22-2010, 05:36 PM   #32
Inactive Account

"I suppose that if you need gold, that is true, but if you actually want to buy something useful from another country, maybe not.
I just took a trip to Europe than cost almost 20% less in Obama dollars than the last one did in Bush Dollars."

Then all the import camera stuff should be about 20% cheaper. Hmmmm....does B&H & Adorama know that? Somebody should let them know.
Closed Thread