Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2010, 11:50 AM - 1 Like   #1
Banned

Photos: Albums
Center for rehabilitation of whiners

Welcome, take a seat, introduce yourself, and please start whining here. When you had whined enough that your fingers hurt, we recommend going through our 3-step rehabilitation process (patent pending):

1. Take a deep breath. Clear your mind. Repeat 10 times: "It's only technology, it's not who I am."

2. Follow by repeating 5 times: "I am a rational being. I will purchase the best technology available to me without letting passion interfere with my choices. I will not engage in brand wars."

3. Follow by repeating 10 times: "There are things I cannot change despite my wish to the contrary. I will no longer whine about such things being the way they are."

Now stand up, take another deep breath and get out of here and enjoy life.

09-22-2010, 12:17 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
Welcome, take a seat, introduce yourself, and please start whining here. When you had whined enough that your fingers hurt, we recommend going through our 3-step rehabilitation process (patent pending):

1. Take a deep breath. Clear your mind. Repeat 10 times: "It's only technology, it's not who I am."

2. Follow by repeating 5 times: "I am a rational being. I will purchase the best technology available to me without letting passion interfere with my choices. I will not engage in brand wars."

3. Follow by repeating 10 times: "There are things I cannot change despite my wish to the contrary. I will no longer whine about such things being the way they are."

Now stand up, take another deep breath and get out of here and enjoy life by using the camera you have not the one you wish to get.
09-22-2010, 12:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by laurentiu cristofor Quote
center for rehabilitation of whiners
+1 lol
09-22-2010, 12:50 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oh! I so wish someone would be here to coach me through this!! sob, sob, sob ...

Well done, Laurentiu!

09-22-2010, 01:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Reading another thread regarding the K-5( Official K-5 Bashing Thread), this thread is the best rehab thread I have come across.
Some just can't help themselves, and need some real guidance IMHO. I read half the posts in that thread and decided, it just wasn't worth the time or the effort.

Well done, Laurentieu!!

Last edited by Bramela; 09-22-2010 at 01:35 PM.
09-22-2010, 01:07 PM   #6
Veteran Member

There there, this will make things better:

09-22-2010, 01:11 PM   #7
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jjdgti Quote
Now stand up, take another deep breath and get out of here and enjoy life by using the camera you have not the one you wish to get.
Exactly so, experience the joy of taking photos.

09-22-2010, 01:18 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Back in the day, Gilbert Shelton drew the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers comics.
The Fabs were stoners, the Three Stooges as pot-heads. They had a catch-phrase:
Dope will get you through times of no money
Better than money will get you through times of no dope.
I would like to update that for modern times.
Brains will get you through times of no faith
Better than faith will get you through times of no brains.
I hope this isn't a threadjack.
09-22-2010, 02:44 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote

Not enough... to be truly effective this needs to be a full 12 Step program and be a superior program to AA. It also needs to come with a money back guarantee that if you are not fully cured in 5 minutes you can get a photo of a Pentax K5 so you can bash it without ever touching an actual camera.
09-22-2010, 02:52 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Not enough... to be truly effective this needs to be a full 12 Step program and be a superior program to AA. It also needs to come with a money back guarantee that if you are not fully cured in 5 minutes you can get a photo of a Pentax K5 so you can bash it without ever touching an actual camera.
Part of therapy should include a month with a pinhole camera, so that patients can reconnect with the joy of taking photos.
09-22-2010, 04:09 PM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
There there, this will make things better:

PENTAX sucks! It's lacking a pony there, all the other brands have one!
09-22-2010, 05:23 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

We need to remember that there is a positive - even inspiring - side of the disgruntled uneasiness that settles over the forum during times of transition to new Pentax bodies and lenses . . . . . . . and that is the shear wave of marketing and business genius that sweeps over the forum from all directions during these turbulent times.

And - this is the incredible part - folks can exhibit this capability without the slightest knowledge of Hoya's strategy, the Pentax business plan, the company cost structure and any quantitative data on the company's customer base.

I don't know how they do it .

Jer
09-23-2010, 11:24 AM   #13
Banned

Original Poster
There was a time when there was etiquette on the Internet and people wouldn't talk if they didn't had something interesting to say. Remember those times? Then everyone got access to it and now it's like they realized they no longer need to pay their psychiatrist to listen to their issues.
09-23-2010, 03:35 PM   #14

no one should assume anyone is listening. that's the other side of the internet - you can ignore anyone who annoys you.
09-23-2010, 07:43 PM   #15
Banned

Original Poster
Well, it's like spam - you can ignore it, but it ends up making it harder to find the things that interest you.