Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2010, 10:57 PM   #16
Veteran Member

I think the lens on the camera is a little large... makes it look like one of those megazoom crossover cameras

10-02-2010, 01:27 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
See the title. If you like our new design, post here! Due to all the k-5/photokina news, I haven't even had a chance to announce that the changes had been made!
Adam, you know me. I'm not like the Windows UI which talks if everything is fine but gives you no useful feedback if things go wrong

There are so many for praising your great work that I can stick to (constructive) critics...

And that is that most casual guests will be very irritated by what is a 70% copy of the Pentax logo. Either make it different enough for not being mistaken for the logo. Or make it identical. I noticed that immediately but didn't want to be negative. But now that you ask ...

Below is a comparison between your and Pentax logo which I made for your convenience.

P.S.
I think you may be worried about copyright infringements. Can't you ask for permission for the complete Pentaxforum logo then?

Last edited by falconeye; 04-07-2012 at 07:05 PM.
10-02-2010, 04:46 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arghh, I hate change!

Who cares about the homepage? I just bookmark my User Control Panel.

Oh, wait, this is actually pretty cool--actually makes it seem as if the site has a coherent structure and I found some really interesting things.

I'm bummed that you changed the logo though--I just had the old one tatooed on my right bicep.
10-02-2010, 10:56 AM   #19
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
My designer made the logo from scratch, so I think that calls under fair use, if you ask me. If Pentax didn't like the logo, they would have contacted us by now.

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam:
If you like our new design, post here!
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
But now that you ask ...
I only asked if you liked it tongue

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-04-2010, 09:43 AM   #20
Pentaxian

nice new look!
My site logo also uses a camera(lens) as the letter "O", which i suppose is pretty logical for any designer. but just so nobody thinks I copied from you, mine was there well before yours.

my page