Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2010, 05:30 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hmmmm.. I was referring to "change the topic" Boerner....
And considering the clown congress of "no" we have right now I find Colbert quite appropriate.........
Does give the clowns time to says.. tax cuts for the rich yadda yadda yadda yadda.
OF course the whole 'testimony" (and the point) was about migrant farm workers BUT I find no "discussion" in the news except "tax cut yadda yadda"
Colbert's next role: political football - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room
Who gives about about the "poor".........
ADDENDUM:
QuoteQuote:
WALLACE: Forgive me, sir, isn't the right time to have the adult conversation now before the election when you have this document? Why not make a single proposal to cut social security, medicare and medicaid?

BOEHNER: Chris, this is what happens here in washington. When you start down that path, you just invite all kind of problems. I know. I've been there. I think we need to do this in a more systemic way and have this conversation first. Let's not get to the potential solutions. Let's make sure americans understand how big the problem is. Then we can talk about possible solutions and then work ourselves into those solutions that are doable.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20017649-503544.html
In other words.. we'll fix it. We won't suggest now HOW and we don't know the SIZE problems........
Seems someone should be working instead of tanning....

Last edited by jeffkrol; 09-27-2010 at 09:39 AM.