Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2010, 08:34 PM   #1
Veteran Member

wonders what Lady Gaga wears for Halloween.

I really wonder.

09-30-2010, 08:36 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
garish candy wrappers most likely...Imagine that showing up at your doorstep..."trick or treat!!"
09-30-2010, 09:03 PM   #3
Veteran Member

jeans, sneakers, and a T-shirt. That'll really blow your mind.
09-30-2010, 09:50 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Probably whatever her engineers back at the record company tell her to wear.

10-02-2010, 08:47 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A normal person?
10-02-2010, 09:08 AM   #6

Shes a huge joke after the whole meat dress thing, im by no means a vegetarian or anything, but seeing that still made me sick.

Someone also needs to pop her bubble, in an interview she said that people look up to her like shes super human, so she must be.

What a bitch.
10-02-2010, 04:53 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Whatever Dale Bozzio wore for Halloween.

10-02-2010, 05:01 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Every day is Halloween for her. I hate to say this but I totally don't get the "Gaga love" thing. I don't like her singing voice much and otherwise she bores me silly.
10-02-2010, 07:11 PM   #9
Inactive Account

People, people, don't get all worked up: she's a manufactured entity.
10-03-2010, 05:37 AM   #10
Inactive Account

The answer is, Google

For a very long time my impression, from having been personally present for the rise of Madonna, has been that Gaga was a manufactured version specifically mirroring some of the stuff Madonna did. Other influences seem to creep in too, but Madonna heads and shoulders above the rest.

On the whole I could not be bothered, nor does it matter. I finally bothered to see if anyone else sees similarities.

Another case of "duh..." on me. The song this is set against is 2008 I think. Do the math... from "Everybody" Where do you think Gaga will be in say 2034?

I find the original more compelling. And prettier. Today. Apples to apples.

woof!

Last edited by woof; 10-03-2010 at 05:44 AM.
10-03-2010, 06:09 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Woof...that is exactly what I was thinking....just another updated version of Madonna. Good find on YouTube. I wonder when Gaga will come out with her naked book?

Same as Marylin Manson was just an updated version of Alice Cooper a while back.
10-03-2010, 04:29 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Look up Dale Bozzio from the Missing Persons.
10-03-2010, 06:40 PM   #13
Veteran Member

I dunno, for that kind of media personality, I actually rather like her.

A little zany seems just the thing for these times.
10-04-2010, 01:43 AM   #14
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
I dunno, for that kind of media personality, I actually rather like her.

A little zany seems just the thing for these times.
Her "Dull Chick Singing Emotional Songs With Piano" didn't sell well. Hence, marketing-mandated reinvention.

Besides, TISM had better outfits. Better filmclips, too. Better music. Actually, better everything.

10-04-2010, 01:58 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
Her "Dull Chick Singing Emotional Songs With Piano" didn't sell well. Hence, marketing-mandated reinvention.

Besides, TISM had better outfits. Better filmclips, too. Better music. Actually, better everything.

Ah, 'better, better, better.' What *is* that?

She's like *being* a 'pop superstar who can get away with anything cause she shows leg, and actually *using* it, ...if *I* was in that position I'd be just plain goofy.

I don't get some of this: I don't even listen to this kind of music, but some of this talk sounds like someone went to an advertising convention and complained the Geico cavemen weren't taking insurance seriously enough.

People make Madonna comparisons, which may in some ways be apt, but I always thought Cyndi Lauper was more of a kindred spirit. (Even if they had similar billing while they were trying to make teeny-boppers of us We were like all about Minor Threat and the Dead Kennedys then, anyway, but if you knew the word 'zeitgeist' then, you tried not to take it too seriously. Skinheads were going after people about *shoelaces* saying things that now seem like Glenn Beck's having a good day with meds. But, we grew up at like Defcon three and a half and the President was a cowboy actor with Alzheimer's... No worries compared to this. Certain things were *supposed* to be kinda stupid. People who buy 'Girls Gone Wild' videos flipping out about janet Jackson's 'blink and you'll miss it' thing getting all in a fluff about Lady Gaga being... Her persona, while far stranger things get serious coverage running for office? Seriously? )

I think there's just this weirdness about weirdness: the only thing that perplexes me is how she thought she might make a statement in a 'meat dress' without some kind of *marinade* hat. But I guess keeping it basic may be the thing.

And as it happens, Madame Lauper makes a pretty fine acoustic set.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 10-04-2010 at 02:14 PM.