Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2010, 07:07 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Recommendation for affordable dual DVI video card?

I am looking to replace my current video card which has only 1 dvi port and 1 vga port. The monitor connected to the vga port is not looking its best i would expect out of an IPS screen.

Trouble is that most dual dvi cards are also very costly. Any recommendation for a good and affordable one?

Thanks
raider

10-11-2010, 06:25 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
You can get a HDMI to DVI cord for your monitor.

Are you going to do some serious gaming with the PC? If not, I'd recommend getting an AMD/ATI Radeon 5570. It's small, cheap and has a low power consumption. In fact, it's actually powerful enough for some new-ish games.

It's got 3 sockets, 1 DVI, 1HDMI, 1 VGA.

If your other monitor supports HDMI then you're golden. If not, just buy a HDMI to DVI cord :-)
10-13-2010, 05:39 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Anyone know if CUDA helps out with Photoshop? If so, an Nvidia GTS 450 or similar might be better.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
dvi, port, recommendation, video