Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2010, 12:39 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
RitzCamera dot com

Anyone have any experience ordering with them?

Even though they have the same name as the retail stores, they must be a separate entity, because they charge no sales tax, even if you are in a state which has a retail location. If they were the same company, they are required by law to charge sales tax in states they have physical locations. Somehow, I guess they are separate from the retail chain.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them online.

10-13-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
No Tax
You never pay sales tax! We are not required to collect sales and use tax on deliveries throughout the US, except where we have business locations and in those states we pay ALL sales taxes (California, Kansas and Maryland). For customers in these states, our price includes all applicable taxes. To satisfy Maryland consumer reporting rules, we will show sales tax and an amount equal to the sales tax will be discounted from our regular low price. The order total will be the same as our regular low prices without tax.
I got my Pentax 18-250 from them. It was a pretty straightforward transaction and I have no complaints. The lens was well packaged and arrived fairly quickly.

I thought they phased out all of their Pentax stuff?

Wolfcamera is the same thing as Ritz.
http://www.wolfcamera.com/
10-13-2010, 06:34 PM   #3
Pentaxian

They dropped Pentax a while ago, but they still have some stuff in a few stores and their clearance center which is located in Fort Worth,Texas. I've visited them a few times. They also sell on ebay. Can't recall the user name, but they were selling af200fg flash units a while ago...bargain priced at $55 or so. A very fair price....
10-13-2010, 07:45 PM   #4
Veteran Member

They are the same company - just that last year they went through bankruptcy and closed a majority of their retail locations in most states (with the exceptions noted above by r0ckstarr).

10-15-2010, 07:22 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They still sell some Pentax gear online but at prices you probably won't want to pay. You would do much better elsewhere. I bought much of my gear at the old Ritz store in nearby Saratoga. That was a good store with good, knowledgeable employees. I always preferred to buy from a brick and mortar store and still do but there is no longer any camera store within 50 miles and I would probably have to go to NYC or Boston to buy a Pentax. They do have some very good clearance deals from time to time so their site is worth checking out.