Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-16-2010, 09:50 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Just created New Logo for my website!

Take a look let me know what you think. My website is a collection of Free Digital Photography Tutorials. I run it as a hobby. When I find a good article that helps me, I repost on the site for others to learn from.

How's the new logo?

FreeDigitalPhotographyTutorials.com - Digital Photography Tutorials, DSLR Tips, Photography Book Reviews

10-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #2
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I love the way you laid out the site--nice, big headers so it's easy to find what you want...the rollover type to green...the way you positioned artwork and text.

But logo-wise, you could do better. It's just type now, with a little icon that MAYBE looks like a camera lens.

But logos are way overrated anyway. They're not what drives traffic to your site.

To me, designing a logo has this rule:

It should be readable and look the same at 1" wide as it does as 7". If you reduced that logo now to 1", the main line would be hard to read...the tagline would be impossible to read...and the lens would look like a mosquito bite.

It does what it has to do now, but logo design is a very complicated thing. If you want to maintain your logo across various sizes and purposes, you have to design it to do that.

And it's mostly just a matter of changing line breaks and type and art sizes.

Last edited by Ira; 10-16-2010 at 01:57 PM.