Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-23-2010, 01:52 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteQuote:
Label/Receipt Number: LC35 7966 068U S
Class: First-Class Mail International
Service(s): International Letter

Your item was processed through and left our OAK CREEK, WI 53154 facility on September 20, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination. No further information is available for this item.

Detailed Results:

Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, September 20, 2010, 11:07 pm, OAK CREEK, WI 53154
Bullet Acceptance, September 20, 2010, 1:49 pm, MIDDLETON, WI 53562
The box was mailed. That's all I can state for certain. The above is from the US Postal website, and with that type of customs form, it's likely the only information you'll get from there. Even if it had been delivered, further information on that package isn't going to be available online in most cases. The only thing I can suggest is to contact your customs agents and find out if the package passed through.

10-23-2010, 03:41 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
As an fairly experienced ebay user, this is not your problem, sellers problem, *if* you paid by paypal. you are covered. all you need is report the problem to paypal (item is not arrived), but no later than 45 days of the purchase.
10-23-2010, 04:19 AM   #18
Veteran Member

It is not really nice to post the name and address of the guy who sent the package and then imply he might be ripping you off.
10-23-2010, 08:25 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cbaytan Quote
As an fairly experienced ebay user, this is not your problem, sellers problem, *if* you paid by paypal. you are covered. all you need is report the problem to paypal (item is not arrived), but no later than 45 days of the purchase.
You're absolutely right. If he'd file a claim thru paypal...he would win and the seller would eat the loss.

As a fairly experienced ebay seller myself...this is why I don't offer First Class International on items over $50. I've been burned one too many times by supposed lost shipments.

10-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #20
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by jgmankos Quote
You're absolutely right. If he'd file a claim thru paypal...he would win and the seller would eat the loss.

As a fairly experienced ebay seller myself...this is why I don't offer First Class International on items over $50. I've been burned one too many times by supposed lost shipments.
That's why I insist on the very cheap USPS insurance when I buy, for a few dollars more, I buy sellers coverage too, there is no sense leave them in the lurch. I warn them if they are not aware, to include the insurance in the paypal receipt.

I am a good buyer aren't I?
10-23-2010, 09:27 AM   #21
Inactive Account

The package was mailed and you want the seller held responsible for the handling. This is EXACTLY the reason many sellers will Not ship overseas. Keep shit like This up and None will. First class mail packages is not insurable. You want insurance, Pay the price for priority instead of crying that it's too expensive.

Additional options for packages going to India, first class.

International Price Calculator

Just for grins, To Turkey..

10-23-2010, 09:31 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

After reading this, I will not sell anything to India. I really feel for the seller, being scammed out of a lens and payment after PayPal issues the chargeback. It just seems so risky selling anything outside the US.

10-23-2010, 09:53 AM   #23
Inactive Account

Well dear US sellers, before jumping into conclusion, you need to know USPS insurance is very cheap, like say a hundred purchases I made from US without a hiccup with this USPS insurance. Turkish post office wants my signature when I get it and thats it, everybody is covered. The latest I purchased my beloved FA 100-300, and a film camera and a Pentax flash came with it, I warned the Texan lady about insurance and, I paid like 2-3USD for the international parcel post, it was I think, I am not sure. Here is the TX'an ladies message:

----------------------------------
Dear cbaytan,

This is from the USPS website - it's about the same, which is what I figured.

First Class Mail is $17.64, which is the best price. Insurance looks to be $1 for $200 of coverage.

You can try this link - maybe it will work:

http://ircalc.usps.gov/IntlMailServices.aspx?Country=10432&M=2&P=2&O=0&sd=0

So, if you would send a little extra to cover Paypal's fees, that would be fine with me!

This may be easier than I thought! :-)

I will have to take it to the post office - they say for security reasons it can't be dropped off in a mailbox, or picked up at my home.

Thanks! If you need anything else, please ask!

Patti

- xxSELLERID-HIDDENxx

When I try to get old photography magazines from US, almost all sellers doesn't know about very cheap USPS printed material charges either that bugs me for inhibiting to completing my popular photography magazine's old Annuals.

Last edited by cbaytan; 10-23-2010 at 09:59 AM. Reason: add info
10-23-2010, 10:05 AM   #24
Veteran Member

What you're not understanding, is that USPS First Class International *CAN NOT* be insured. Not under any circumstance. This seller was mistaken.

Well dear US sellers, before jumping into conclusion, you need to know USPS insurance is very cheap, like say a hundred purchases I made from US without a hiccup with this USPS insurance. Turkish post office wants my signature when I get it and thats it, everybody is covered. The latest I purchased my beloved FA 100-300, and a film camera and a Pentax flash came with it, I warned the Texan lady about insurance and, I paid like 2-3USD for the international parcel post, it was I think, I am not sure. Here is the TX'an ladies message:

----------------------------------
Dear cbaytan,

This is from the USPS website - it's about the same, which is what I figured.

First Class Mail is $17.64, which is the best price. Insurance looks to be $1 for $200 of coverage.

You can try this link - maybe it will work:

http://ircalc.usps.gov/IntlMailServices.aspx?Country=10432&M=2&P=2&O=0&sd=0

So, if you would send a little extra to cover Paypal's fees, that would be fine with me!

This may be easier than I thought! :-)

I will have to take it to the post office - they say for security reasons it can't be dropped off in a mailbox, or picked up at my home.

Thanks! If you need anything else, please ask!

Patti

- xxSELLERID-HIDDENxx

When I try to get old photography magazines from US, almost all sellers doesn't know about USPS printed material charges either that bugs me for inhibiting to completing my popular photography magazine's old Annuals.
10-23-2010, 10:28 AM   #25
Inactive Account

What you're not understanding, is that USPS First Class International *CAN NOT* be insured. Not under any circumstance. This seller was mistaken.
Why shouldn't I understand? I already said I wasn't sure what kind of shipment was, I dig the USPS site for the people hesitant to send overseas.,

USPS - The United States Postal Service (U.S. Postal Service)

1-click calculate postage on the top.

2-then click "Calculate International Postage"

3-click package and enter 3 pounds

4-click continue

5-check "express mail international" & click add extra services on the bottom

6-Check insurance enter the insurance value (I entered 150 $ value

Result is:

"Estimated delivery time to Arabia (United Arab Emirates) is 3 - 5 business days" (I forgot selecting Turkey)

For 3 pounds package with 150 USD insurance is 44.50$

Now the seller is covered too. Thats it.
10-23-2010, 10:42 AM   #26
Inactive Account

Which is proof of delivery. If you received packages, FIRST CLASS, they were Not insured.

QuoteQuote:

When I try to get old photography magazines from US, almost all sellers doesn't know about very cheap USPS printed material charges either that bugs me for inhibiting to completing my popular photography magazine's old Annuals.
Then buy them in Turkey. There is no Media rate for overseas shipping. First class also has a limit of Up To 4 pounds. 4 pounds Plus, it Has to go priority. That's true regardless of the contents. If the magaizines fit in the envelope, they Can go priority for less money than First class but are STILL un-insurable. Both first class mail And Priority Envelope have a Value limit of $400 as well.

Look it up for yourself.

10-23-2010, 10:44 AM   #27
Inactive Account

Why shouldn't I understand? I already said I wasn't sure what kind of shipment was, I dig the USPS site for the people hesitant to send overseas.,

USPS - The United States Postal Service (U.S. Postal Service)

1-click calculate postage on the top.

2-then click "Calculate International Postage"

3-click package and enter 3 pounds

4-click continue

5-check "express mail international" & click add extra services on the bottom

6-Check insurance enter the insurance value (I entered 150 $ value

Result is:

"Estimated delivery time to Arabia (United Arab Emirates) is 3 - 5 business days" (I forgot selecting Turkey)

For 3 pounds package with 150 USD insurance is 44.50$

Now the seller is covered too. Thats it.
The package went First Class, Not EMS. Most overseas people will not pay the price for EMS. DO you?

10-23-2010, 10:57 AM   #28
Veteran Member

I say patience, patience, patience. I agree with posters, who say that the buyer should pay insurance so there is no chance taken. The seller did his part.
10-23-2010, 01:37 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Used to ship gears to Australia, they took 9-12 days and to Thailand took 7-10 days. The longest shipping time in my experience is to China, 3 weeks.
10-23-2010, 02:01 PM   #30
Inactive Account

The longest in My experience was Italy. 2 months.