Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Probably just someone who didn't understand that (CONUS) means that the seller will only sell in the US... Think we can give the benefit of the doubt here unless the same user starts asking this all over the place (I havn't looked... Did he?). Have to consider language issues too...
this is true. It is hard to decipher CONUS. I had to guess it means US or Canada but i am still not sure.

QuoteOriginally posted by tomwil Quote
I don't know if the OP had ever received his lens.

But, I am seeing more and more replys in the Marketplace asking if they will ship to India. Perhaps to scam?

Like this ad, which clearly mentions that they will ship to US only, yet draws a response from someone in India asking about shipping.

Any other horror stories?
Sometimes things those are obvious to you may not be so obvious to others.

11-16-2010, 10:35 AM   #47
Veteran Member

CONUS = CONtinental US, meaning the 50 states plus D.C., but not including Hawai'i.

No, it does not include Canada nor US territories like Puerto Rico and Guam.

This a common usage in the military and, I expect, in other government circles. Apparently its commercial use is less common, given the questions here .
11-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Probably just someone who didn't understand that (CONUS) means that the seller will only sell in the US... Think we can give the benefit of the doubt here unless the same user starts asking this all over the place (I havn't looked... Did he?). Have to consider language issues too...
Well,

QuoteQuote:
Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only
isn't that obscure. If someone can't be bothered to read through the ad, I would not want to sell to them...
11-16-2010, 04:14 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
CONUS = CONtinental US, meaning the 50 states plus D.C., but not including Hawai'i.

This a common usage in the military and, I expect, in other government circles. Apparently its commercial use is less common, given the questions here .

see i still got it wrong.

12-24-2010, 12:11 PM   #50

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
OK...back to the topic..i dont think that lens is ever going to arrive... so i ordered another one..this time, with tracking info - and look at the status in the image Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 165
Size:  75.8 KB

Sigh...it seems my tryst with this lens wont end!!! I mean, it shouldn't take such a lot of time, considering today is Christmas, 15 days after dispatching from San Francisco.
12-24-2010, 02:01 PM   #51
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You had best report to PayPal right away or to whichever payment facility you used as they employ strict limitations on reporting losses. It takes a while to resolve such issues and if and when you receive your item you can cancel the claim.
12-25-2010, 01:55 AM   #52
Inactive Account

Just because it was Dispatched, doesn't mean it was actually loaded on the airplane. Paypal doesn't have Shit to do with it. I'm going through something similar with an EMS package ($60 cost) to Australia. It left here to go to customs on December 6. On December 8, it cleared US Customs in Chicago. On December 16, two days before the buyer was to go on an overseas trip, for which he wanted the item, It was Accepted by Australian customs. It has Cleared Australian customs and is currently being held for the recipient when he returns from his trip. Oh, By the way.. According to the Tracking, Delivery was Guaranteed by December 14. Who the F knows where the package was on that day. It, the tracking, Still shows, Today, December 25, that the guaranteed delivery date is December 14.

People really should get a grip before filing claims with or suggesting that it be done, Paypal.

Merry Christmas.

12-25-2010, 03:07 AM   #53
Inactive Account

Hey Jeff, who peed in your Cornflakes this morning? I also know from experience that I gave proper advice. "PayPal or whichever payment facility you used". It is not a problem to be cautious. PayPal or whichever will investigate and allow whatever time is appropriate before refunding if necessary.
12-25-2010, 11:26 AM   #54
Inactive Account

I don't eat corn flakes so no, you couldn't have done that. Filing a claim ties up the end users account with an immediate withdraw, whether the funds are there, or not. Filing a claim like that is the same thing as blaming the end user (the seller) for delays in the shipping process.. and it's BS. Paypal allows 45 days to file a claim and it's been 15.

12-26-2010, 09:42 PM   #55
Inactive Account

I just mailed a small package to Germany via the US post office. I wanted to pay for the postage and mail the package a day or two later. They used metered postage stamps as your package has. They said that the package with metered mail must stay at the post office after the metered stamp was placed on the package. On that basis I would be pretty confident the package was mailed here in the US. The USPS is really pretty good, fast and honest meaning few 'lost' items. I also have noticed many Fleabay sellers will not ship to certain places.
12-27-2010, 12:55 AM   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote

"CONUS" is the lower 48 states and D.C. (Alaska and Hawaii are excluded.)

Phil.
12-28-2010, 10:52 AM   #57
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
"CONUS" is the lower 48 states and D.C. (Alaska and Hawaii are excluded.)

Phil.
Thanks for the correction.

I guess I was led astray by Alaska's location - on the North American continent.

Of course, I spent my active duty time on Hawai'i and was quite certain that Oahu is not in CONUS.