Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2010, 09:43 AM   #46
Inactive Account

Any time someone professes their dislike of multiculturalism, I ask them how they'd feel eating British food for the rest of their life.

10-28-2010, 01:15 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I haven't delved too deeply into Merkel's speech. However, from my time living many years ago in Germany, I seem to recall that, at least with the Muslim immigrants, the German system was very different from anything in the U.S. Most of the Muslim people back then were guest workers. My understanding was that they were not expected to become Germans. They were expected to work for a period of time, and then leave.

I suspect things have changed quite a bit, but an expectation that these folks would ever become "multicultural" citizens of Germany seems like a bit of a change in and of itself.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
book, christian, debate, democrats, events, germany, merkel, party, society