Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Free HD for life.

I finally took the plunge and disposed of my old tube television and bought a new hdtv. While I was at it, I upgraded my Dishnet service to free hd for life. A shockingly good picture! Stunning quality. I can't help but think back to the early 60's waiting for the new station to come online and watching the test pattern for hours on a black&white tube. I'm getting old, and I can't find much use for many of the newer inventions in tech land, but this isn't one of them. Now if we could only have a few more quality programs to watch instead of crap, I'd be really happy. Do we really need shopping channels in hd?? At least now I get to watch my Green Bay Packers lose in virtual realism.

Larry

10-20-2010, 12:22 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Do you remember the networks signing Off for the night after playing the National Anthem?? They still do in a way but the programming becomes Paid Programming (without the national anthem being played at the end of regular programming).. And No, we don't really need shopping networks in HD

10-20-2010, 08:06 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I also wish the programming would improve to match the picture quality. I'm close to cancelling cable and doing without TV. I hardly ever watch it anymore. With the money saved, I could buy a lens or 2 every year. I work nights and weekends so my sports are tuned in on the radio so I'm not missing anything there.
10-20-2010, 10:20 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yep I remember rabbit ears , test patterns , national anthems (in the morning as well when the 'signed on' .

HD was made for sports - all sports I can't even watch sports in SD (well I can but it's painful). I usually watch Hockey, Football, Baseball and Baketball , Golf (let's face it Darts in HD is not that much better)

I could really care less about other TV programs in HD. As mentioned there is soooooo much crap on why would I want more detailed crap ?