Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2010, 07:30 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Small Town Pentax Canada

I've noticed over and over that most people from the US don't have a brick and mortor store in their area that caries Pentax. I've also noticed that most Canadians are able to find a store that DOES carry Pentax.

So, where is the smallest town that has a store that sells Pentax gear?

I'll start off:

Victoria BC, pop 300,000 (more or less), and I've been to multiple stores that sell and stock Pentax gear.

Sorry, Toronto, you can't play. You're not a small town.

10-23-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
I've noticed over and over that most people from the US don't have a brick and mortor store in their area that caries Pentax. I've also noticed that most Canadians are able to find a store that DOES carry Pentax.

So, where is the smallest town that has a store that sells Pentax gear?

I'll start off:

Victoria BC, pop 300,000 (more or less), and I've been to multiple stores that sell and stock Pentax gear.

Sorry, Toronto, you can't play. You're not a small town.
I wouldn't exactly say 300k is a small town either

foto source shops are all over the country many in VERY small towns, they operate under different names though. I just bought my K-r from one and my lens from another didnt even know they were both foto source shops till after. Best prices I could find by far (but varies from shop to shop)...

foto source: Find a Store
10-23-2010, 09:37 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Regina, SK.
~200K.
Brandon Mb.
~50K
10-23-2010, 09:57 AM   #4
Site Supporter

whitehorse Yukon ~23k

10-23-2010, 11:38 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Georgetown, ON has one stocking dealer in a town of ~40k that also carries Pentax 645 and 67, and there is a second store (probably a Foto Source member) that will special order whatever you want at MSRP.

Windsor, ON at ~220k had 2 chain stores and at least one independent shop that carried Pentax.
10-24-2010, 10:04 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Yup Windsor has two chain stores and one independent store. But even the chain stores. Only specific stores carry pentax in the chain. Not all have them. They can order it for you but on hand only one. And as for in stock availability. Only one of the chain stores carries the K7. And that's just the demo model no actual inventory just special order.

From what I've been told. So it's not that convenient. Oh and also lenses aren't easily found. Just the two common ones. 18-55mm WR and 55-300mm DA. No specialty lenses. So if you still consider Windsor as a place that CARRIES pentax then yeah.
10-24-2010, 11:17 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think we are pretty lucky. We may have to pay a lot for the privilege, but Henry's has a number of stores in Ontario:
Brantford for example.

It makes me shudder to think whole states in the USA can't get to handle Pentax products - how can you hope to sell things that way?

10-24-2010, 12:40 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
New Minas, Nova Scotia....population about 5,000 I believe. The local Camera Corner carry Pentax.

I grew up near here, and while back'om on vacation this summer I stopped by to check out their selection....was blown away to see the Pentax gear. They were sold out of bodies, said they stock the K-x but were sold out at that moment. Very popular. They kept a few lenses and accessories in stock, and even had the full line of Pentax binoculars as well.
10-26-2010, 06:37 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by WiseOx Quote
New Minas, Nova Scotia....population about 5,000 I believe. The local Camera Corner carry Pentax.

I grew up near here, and while back'om on vacation this summer I stopped by to check out their selection....was blown away to see the Pentax gear. They were sold out of bodies, said they stock the K-x but were sold out at that moment. Very popular. They kept a few lenses and accessories in stock, and even had the full line of Pentax binoculars as well.
I think we have a winner!