Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2010, 08:41 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Rand Paul supporter attacks MoveOn.org supporter

MoveOn Supporter Brutally Attacked by Rand Paul Supporter - Joshua Green - Politics - The Atlantic

QuoteQuote:
The Rand Paul-Jack Conway debate may have been staid, but things were not so outside the debate. A Kentucky reader sends word that according to the local Fox affiliate, a young woman affiliated with MoveOn.org was brutally attacked--stomped in the head--outside the debate by a Rand Paul supporter. The story led the local newscast. Here's the video, and it's truly awful (my link to video is dodgy, but if you click through to local Fox site it seems to work fine).
Ironically, one of the guys holding her down was wearing a "Don't Tread on Me" button. :|

10-26-2010, 08:54 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Check out these mugshots of people arrested while wearing Obama campaign paraphernalia in 2008. Actions of a supporter does not reflect anything upon the candidate.

MUGSHOTS DELETED

2008 Mug Shots Of The Year | The Smoking Gun

Last edited by MRRiley; 10-26-2010 at 10:03 AM.
10-26-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
Check out these mugshots of people arrested while wearing Obama campaign paraphernalia in 2008. Actions of a supporter does not reflect anything upon the candidate.

2008 Mug Shots Of The Year | The Smoking Gun
Man, that's a stupid post and practically blatently racist. What were they in for? Littering? Sorry, I think you get my drift...
10-26-2010, 10:02 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
mugshots deleted. Inappropriate content and possibly legally actionable against the forum. Wanna look, go off to the link.

Mike
PF Moderation Team

Last edited by MRRiley; 10-26-2010 at 10:58 AM.
10-26-2010, 10:10 AM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
Man, that's a stupid post and practically blatently racist. What were they in for? Littering? Sorry, I think you get my drift...
I don't know what they were arrested for, but I am sure Obama does not condone their behavior therefore any attempt to tie a politically active criminal to a politician they support based merely on their support of a candidate is baseless and despicable. Focusing on this is a desperate attempt to distract away from real issues.

What is racist about my pointing out that the same thing happened in 2008?

There was also that case of the stupid McCain staffer that made a false accusation that she had an 'O' carved into her face.

And that fist fight that broke out over obamacare opponents and supporters where the 20 something supporter pushed a 60 year old man who opposed it and got his ass kicked.

This kind of stuff is a sideshow and doesn't deserve attention no matter which side the perpetrators fall on.
10-26-2010, 10:12 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
What does reflect on Paul is his statement after this altercation:

QuoteQuote:
I don’t want anybody though to be involved in things that aren’t civil. I think this should always be about the issues. And it is an unusual situation to have so many people so passionate on both sides jockeying back and forth. And it wasn’t something that I liked or anybody liked about that situation. So I hope in the future it is going to be better.
How hard is it to man up and say "these guys are nuts and this was a criminal action"?
10-26-2010, 10:18 AM   #7
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
What does reflect on Paul is his statement after this altercation:

How hard is it to man up and say "these guys are nuts and this was a criminal action"?
Because it isn't politically correct to call a criminal a criminal anymore.
Wait............... wrong thread.

10-26-2010, 10:25 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Aren't they called "actors" now?
10-26-2010, 12:18 PM   #9
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
Aren't they called "actors" now?
An interesting tidbit about this woman is that she was wearing a disguise and trying to push her way to the front of a crowd and get close to the candidate. After her wig was removed she was wrestled down, and the supporters held her down. Given the controversy surrounding Rand Paul I don't think it would be unreasonable for people to worry that she was trying to disguise herself and trying to get so close to assassinate him.

QuoteQuote:
Video of the incident shows Valle tripping after someone ripped a blond wig off her head. She is then wrestled to a curb by one man. After she is placed face down, another man stomps on her shoulder and head.

Valle said she instinctively got into the fetal position and covered her head with her hands.

"I think I saved myself from further injury," she said.

Valle said she wasn't wearing the wig to disguise herself, but that she simply enjoys wearing fake hair as artistic expression.
She also wasn't even from Pennsylvania so she was just trying to meddle in someone else's election.

QuoteQuote:
Valle has a permanent residence in Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, and says she's a self-employed contractor who recently finished a project on solar installation. She attended Columbia University, graduating this year with a bachelor's degree in religion.
Valle lived in Hamilton Heights and Bushwick during her stint in New York.
Lauren Valle, head stomping victim: 'I saved myself' from Rand Paul's Tea Party supporters' attack

None of this makes the guy who stepped on her right, but I think her suspicious behavior does justify the actions of those who were restraining her.
10-26-2010, 01:30 PM   #10
Veteran Member

An interesting tidbit about this woman is that she was wearing a disguise and trying to push her way to the front of a crowd and get close to the candidate. After her wig was removed she was wrestled down, and the supporters held her down. Given the controversy surrounding Rand Paul I don't think it would be unreasonable for people to worry that she was trying to disguise herself and trying to get so close to assassinate him.

She also wasn't even from Pennsylvania so she was just trying to meddle in someone else's election.

Lauren Valle, head stomping victim: 'I saved myself' from Rand Paul's Tea Party supporters' attack

None of this makes the guy who stepped on her right, but I think her suspicious behavior does justify the actions of those who were restraining her.
Blaming the victim and paranoia all wrapped into one.. good show old chap.....
10-26-2010, 01:52 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter

Is it just me, or is American politics being run by Vince McMahon?
I mean really, lets just hold her down and put the boots to her head.
How is this justifiable?
10-26-2010, 01:54 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Is it just me, or is American politics being run by Vince McMahon?
I mean really, lets just hold her down and put the boots to her head.
How is this justified?
Yes, his wife's running.
10-26-2010, 02:17 PM   #13
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
Blaming the victim and paranoia all wrapped into one.. good show old chap.....
The stomper is definitely to blame for assaulting her but I think the people who were holding her back and restraining her were reasonable. Public figures are very justified in being paranoid about some crazy stalker like John Hinkley Jr. trying to assassinate them out of the blue and this woman was acting suspiciously.

If he was a presidential candidate and the secret service were handling security, she would have been shot on the spot for what she did.
10-26-2010, 02:47 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The stomper is definitely to blame for assaulting her but I think the people who were holding her back and restraining her were reasonable. Public figures are very justified in being paranoid about some crazy stalker like John Hinkley Jr. trying to assassinate them out of the blue and this woman was acting suspiciously.

If he was a presidential candidate and the secret service were handling security, she would have been shot on the spot for what she did.
For wearing a wig and trying to get to the front of the crowd? I kinda doubt it.
10-26-2010, 03:15 PM   #15
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

....................If he was a presidential candidate and the secret service were handling security, she would have been shot on the spot for what she did.
Just a couple of problems there:
1. I think maybe the Secret Service may have just a little more training at threat assessment than the private citizens morons involved in that.
2. Secret Service agents aren't noted for shooting into a crowd at unarmed people.