Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2010, 04:48 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by privateryan Quote
Hey I know my facts that's why I didn't mention his vacation days. Funny thing factcheck didnt mention his his rounds of golf either... Check it out,
and this bear in mind these are several months old. I'm sure he's played more golf since then. Just google Obama golf tracker or Obama golf trips and you'll find stuff like this. That's what I just did because I knew some of you blind eye leftist's would require solid evidence. Bear in mind I'm no republican, or tea partier. I vote for whoever's running that matches my viewpoint. And I'm an American that is continually amazed at the idiotic corruption of both parties.
I guess vacation days was perceived, by you, to be a positive for the President so you left that alone but because golf was perceived, by you, to be a negative then you keep referring to it.

Did it ever occur to you that both of these facts regarding the President have neither positive nor negative connotations - they are merely facts and therefore not worthy of discussion?

Incidentally, how would you like your boss to give you performance reviews using this methodology!

Last edited by stevewig; 10-27-2010 at 06:51 AM.
10-27-2010, 06:06 AM   #17
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by privateryan Quote
I'm not saying he isn't working hard I'm sure he is (he's the president after all). I'm just saying that it looks like from all accounts he isn't working harder than his predecessor. Bear in mind that I don't like Obama and I didn't like Bush either. I'm not basing work performance on golf outings but when you've played more rounds in two years than your predecessor played in eight - I mean come on you can't just explain that away with a comment about my supposed bias...

And I assume you mean "He was far more effective as a campaigner than as a president"? If so I agree.
He does work harder. On going on vacation and his golf swing. In between he throws in cheap shots about riding in the back. Now if a white guy said that Jesse and Al would be all over it.

At least while he's golfing and on vacation it's less time he can spend killing off the rest of America.

The last four letters of American I can.
The last four letters of Republican, I can
The last four letters of democrats. Rats.
10-27-2010, 06:33 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JavaJoe Quote
Learn that in college.......
Actually for the Repub you forgot the rest.............
I CAN really screw things up............
10-27-2010, 03:57 PM   #19

If republicans slogan is "I can" then why do they say no to everything?

10-27-2010, 05:41 PM   #20
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Do Republicans want it both ways? I mean, the party is now really pitiful, more so than usual:

They're complaining that Obama isn't delivering the promised change, while at the same time, complaining about every significant and very real change he HAS made.

I understand that they're playing politics with this--ignorant politics not based on the facts--but what else is new?

So I ask the Repubs here:

Exactly what change(s) did Obama promise that he didn't deliver, and what are your positions on those changes he DID succeed in, like health care reform?

My God--their argument has no point. It's not only baseless, it's ridiculous:

It's like if Barry Goldwater was elected, and then the Democrats complained six months later that we hadn't bombed the Soviet Union yet.

The argument makes no sense!!!

---------- Post added 10-27-10 at 05:45 PM ----------

Wow--well that explains everything, doesn't it? That's Palin logic right there!

But to be consistent, it should be "The last four letters of Republicans is 'I cans'."

Which is, of course, incorrect English.

But why should anyone expect Republicans to follow the rules, especially those of grammar?

It's so much easier to rely on meaningless slogans!!!
10-28-2010, 04:58 AM   #21
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote

Like "Change we can believe in"?
10-28-2010, 05:59 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Like "Change we can believe in"?
Now that makes no sense at all - the last 4 letters are Vein?

Ira, actually the last 4 letters of Republicans is Cans.

10-28-2010, 06:04 AM   #23
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote

They're complaining that Obama isn't delivering the promised change, while at the same time, complaining about every significant and very real change he HAS made.

I understand that they're playing politics with this--ignorant politics not based on the facts--but what else is new?

So I ask the Repubs here:

Exactly what change(s) did Obama promise that he didn't deliver, and what are your positions on those changes he DID succeed in, like health care reform?

My God--their argument has no point. It's not only baseless, it's ridiculous:

It's like if Barry Goldwater was elected, and then the Democrats complained six months later that we hadn't bombed the Soviet Union yet.

The argument makes no sense!!!

---------- Post added 10-27-10 at 05:45 PM ----------

Wow--well that explains everything, doesn't it? That's Palin logic right there!

But to be consistent, it should be "The last four letters of Republicans is 'I cans'."

Which is, of course, incorrect English.

But why should anyone expect Republicans to follow the rules, especially those of grammar?

Other than the economy be worse than when he took office? Or passing a healthcare "reform" that the majority of those he is suppose to be serving didn't want? Or programs that are totally unfunded? Or spending more than all previous presidents combined? You mean like those changes?
10-28-2010, 06:36 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Other than the economy be worse than when he took office? Or passing a healthcare "reform" that the majority of those he is suppose to be serving didn't want? Or programs that are totally unfunded? Or spending more than all previous presidents combined? You mean like those changes?
oh?
Recession - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
QuoteQuote:
A December 1, 2008, report from the National Bureau of Economic Research stated that the U.S. has been in a recession since December 2007 (when economic activity peaked), based on a number of measures including job losses, declines in personal income, and declines in real GDP.[58] By July 2009 a growing number of economists believed that the recession may have ended.[59][60] The National Bureau of Economic Research announced on September 20, 2010 that the 2008/2009 recession ended in June 2009, making it the longest recession since World War II.
oh?
Poll Shows Strong Support for Obama Health Care Reforms - ABC News
Health-Care Poll: Americans Support Obama's Reform Goals - TIME
NEWSWEEK Poll: Mixed Signals on Health Care - Newsweek

QuoteQuote:
When asked about Obama's plan (without being given any details about what the legislation includes), 49 percent opposed it and 40 percent were in favor. But after hearing key features of the legislation described, 48 percent supported the plan and 43 percent remained opposed.
Of course opposition by interested corporate entities resulted in the usual sowing of misinformation, inaccuracies, emotional hot buttons, and outright lies, thus ensuring no substantive public debate was possible. We have seen over and over how corporations manipulate their customers into decisions and opinions counter to the customer's best interest. Or, you think the health care thing is different in kind to what happened with sub prime mortgages? Cigarettes?

Oh?
Programs that are totally unfunded is a Republican speciality, not a Democrat. The Republicans did away with congressional budget rules requiring all new spending to be funded, at the dawn of the Bush era. I've linked to info on that fact elsewhere recently, so I won't bother to hammer that any more here, only point to a couple of wars Bush started with no intent to pay for (and actually Bush kept the wars off budget entirely).

Obama, on the contrary, and Pelosi and Reed, all speak of making sure their programs are funded. One may disagree with the spending priorities, or question the math by which these programs are funded. But unlike, say, the Bush tax cuts, at least there's an effort to show how we'll pay for something.

oh?
Let's just see how much George W. Bush spent:
http://mercatus.org/uploadedFiles/Mercatus/WP0904_GAP_Spending%20Under%20Pre...20W%20Bush.pdf

QuoteQuote:
During his eight years in office, President Bush oversaw a large increase in government spending

In fact, as seen in table 2, President Bush increased government spending more than any
of the six presidents preceding him, including LBJ.

In his last term in office, President Bush increased discretionary outlays by an estimated
48.6 percent. The largest increase took place in his last year and included, among other
things, the $700 billion financial industry bailout bill (TARP) and the federal takeover of
Government-Sponsored Enterprises Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.
Figure 1 illustrates that during his eight years in office, President Bush spent almost twice
as much as his predecessor, President Clinton.
In the above paper, the total government spend during the Bush administration was $21,243Billion, vs revenue of $17,356Billion.

So, how much has the Obama administration spent?
2009:$3.107 trillion (Budget was submitted by Bush, so represents Bush spending)
2010: $3.552Trillion

So, as we can readily see, Obama has not spent more than all previous presidents combined. Bush attempted to, but like so much he's tried in life, he failed

And, by the way:
QuoteQuote:

The Obama Administration also made four significant accounting changes, to more accurately report the total spending by the Federal government. The four changes were: 1) account for the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (”overseas military contingencies”) in the budget rather than through the use of “emergency” supplemental spending bills; 2) assume the Alternative Minimum Tax will be indexed for inflation; 3) account for the full costs of Medicare reimbursements; and 4) anticipate the inevitable expenditures for natural disaster relief. These changes would make the debt over ten years look $2.7 trillion larger, but that debt was always there. It was just hidden.
United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
10-28-2010, 06:59 AM   #25
Veteran Member

............Or passing a healthcare "reform" that the majority of those he is suppose to be serving didn't want?..........
Just in case you don't want to read all of the immediately above response - wasn't this health care reform one of the main items on Obama's presidential election platform?
10-28-2010, 07:40 AM   #26
Ira
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Now that makes no sense at all - the last 4 letters are Vein?

Ira, actually the last 4 letters of Republicans is Cans.
He didn't use the plural--he used the singular.

Unless you're equating "cans" with "asses," to which I agree.

---------- Post added 10-28-10 at 07:43 AM ----------

It's actually better than when he took over.

And where did you get the idea that the majority of Americans didn't want health care reform? Fox News?

He CLOBBERED McCain with health care reform being one of his main issues.

We're all entitled to our own opinions, but not our own facts. 9 out of 10 Americans were disgusted with the cost and availability of health care in this country, and opinions don't change that fact.
10-28-2010, 07:49 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
What's amazing is that the article points to the root of the problem - the outsized influence of corporate America on Washington. Yet here we are blathering on about Democrats and Republicans.

The evisceration of the middle class has been going on for decades, under both Democrat and Republican leadership. Nothing is going to change until we recognize and address the core issue. Until then, Wall Street will be laughing all the way to ... the bank that we bailed out.
10-28-2010, 09:08 AM   #28
Site Supporter

Thanks for that John....
Now that Wall street owns most of the banks, they get to print money too.
perhaps we need a separation of business and state?
10-28-2010, 09:55 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
What's amazing is that the article points to the root of the problem - the outsized influence of corporate America on Washington. Yet here we are blathering on about Democrats and Republicans.

The evisceration of the middle class has been going on for decades, under both Democrat and Republican leadership. Nothing is going to change until we recognize and address the core issue. Until then, Wall Street will be laughing all the way to ... the bank that we bailed out.
Nobody listens.... DIVIDE and CONQUER...... the American way.
FACTS are the first thing to go...... nobody listens.......
I repeat.......... NOBODY listens........
10-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #30
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Huh, what?