Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2010, 01:26 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The World Series--A friendly wager

The World Series starts tonight.Mostly everyone is familiar how the football pool grid works but what about baseball.Well here it is just in time for the Series.During the regular baseball season I run the baseball pool for the Red Sox saturday games for $5 a square that has 3 payouts---final score---hits for each team--and how many times each team strikes out.For the final World Series game the ante is raised but as you can see there are 13 payouts and many more catagories that your square can win onAs far as I know no one does this particular concept of a baseball pool format.I used some photos that I had of some of my friends at G.E. and that was their "season square" for the summer games.If anyone wants to run a Series pool you can make it a friendly game with only a couple of bucks a square or if you come in contact with a lot of people well the skies the limit.My k20d took some of the shots that are on the sheet and I just cloned them over to fit on the game sheet.Who am I rooting for?I guess at this stage it's any team that "hits" the Zap square.---CharlieZap

Attached Images

10-27-2010, 11:26 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good Luck!
10-28-2010, 03:02 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Good Luck!
hi Bob.The Giants won the first game last night 11-7.If this was the money game I would have hit the 2nd inning score for $50.I'm saving all my luck for that money game.--charliezap
10-28-2010, 02:18 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
My co-worker at G.E. was kind of bummed out when he found out he won the 'Pretend game" The earliest that the "money game" can be would be Sunday night.I would like to see it go more than 4 games.---charliezap

10-28-2010, 02:21 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Sorry Charlie... Not really a PYP subject. Moved to Gen Talk...

Mike
PF Moderation Team
10-29-2010, 02:36 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I'm doing good on the "pretend games" last night with the squares that I'm associated with it would have been a $200 hit.--Maybe saturday could be the real game.--charliezap
10-31-2010, 05:11 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Well --Saturday has come and gone and the Texas Rangers have finally won a game --4-2.That was game 3 and I would have won $150 . Looks like the "Money Game" has to wait for at least 2 more games.---charliezap