Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2010, 01:33 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Oh brother...Judson Phillips

I suppose he should at least get credit for honesty,,
QuoteQuote:
A majority of Tea Party members, I suspect, are not fans of Islam," Phillips said. "I, personally have a real problem with Islam. With Islam, you have a religion that says kill the Jews, kill the infidels. It bothers me when a religion says kill the infidels. It bothers me a lot more when I am the infidel.
Of course then there's this.........
QuoteQuote:
There are many statements in the Qur'an that promote tolerance towards People of The Book. For example:

* And do not dispute with the followers of the Book except by what is best, except those of them who act unjustly, and say: We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you, and our God and your God is One, and to Him do we submit. [Qur'an 29:46]

In other places the Qur'an says:

* Not all of them are alike; a party of the people of the Scripture stand for the right, they recite the Verses of God during the hours of the night, prostrating themselves in prayer. They believe in God and the Last Day; they enjoin Al-Ma'rûf and forbid Al-Munkar ; and they hasten in (all) good works; and they are among the righteous. And whatever good they do, nothing will be rejected of them; for God knows well those who are Al-Muttaqûn .(3:113-115)

* And there are, certainly, among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), those who believe in God and in that which has been revealed to you, and in that which has been revealed to them, humbling themselves before God. They do not sell the Verses of God for a little price, for them is a reward with their Lord. Surely, God is Swift in account. '(3:199)'

* Verily! Those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in God and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve . [Qur'an 2:62]

* Say (O Muhammad ): "O people of the Scripture : Come to a word that is just between us and you, that we worship none but God, and that we associate no partners with Him, and that none of us shall take others as lords besides God. [Qur'an 3:64]

Throughout Islamic history, Muslims have used these ayah (verses) to justify a variety of positions towards non-Muslims. In some places and times, Muslims showed a great deal of tolerance towards non-Muslims; in other places and times non-Muslims were treated as enemies and persecuted. Islamic law demands that Muslims treat Jews and Christians as dhimmis, a legal status inferior to that of a Muslim but superior to that of other non-Muslims.

One ayah in the Qur'an can even be interpreted to encourage a neutral position toward non-Muslims. This ayah says, "Those who follow the Jewish and the Sabi'een, Christians, Magians and Polytheists — Allah will judge them On the Day of Judgement:" (22:17). The acceptance of Zoroastrians as dhimmis is partly because of this ayah, as the Magians were Zurvanist Zoroastrians, and this verse, specifically mentions them alongside other People of the Book, and lists them ahead of polytheists.
People of the Book - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
QuoteQuote:
The relationship between Christianity and Islam is unique and close. The two faiths share a common origin in the Middle East through ancient Semitic traditions.[2] Early Christians saw Islam as deviant form of Christianity. However through the latter centuries Christians in general have had a more tolerant approach to Islam. Muslims consider Christians as fellow adherents of the sacred Covenant between God and Abraham (and later the Children of Israel) and as the followers of the Messiah.[3] Islam puts heavy emphasis on the special bond between the two religions. For instance the New Testament (the Gospel) has a central role in Islamic theology. The bond extends even further with the Prophet Muhammad even instructing Muslims to defend the Christian faith from aggressors.[4]
Achtiname of Muhammad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
QuoteQuote:
he Achtiname of Muhammad, also known as the Covenant or (Holy) Testament (Testamentum) of Muhammad, is a document or ahdname which purports to be a charter or writ ratified by the Prophet Muhammad granting protection and other privileges to the monks of Saint Catherine's Monastery, Mount Sinai. It is sealed with an imprint representing Muhammad's hand...ect.....
There are crazy people everywhere.........
Christianity and Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
or this....... to add a bit of irony:
QuoteQuote:
infidel (literally "one without faith") is a chiefly archaic English noun, meaning one who doubts or rejects the central tenets of a religion other than one's own or has no religious beliefs; especially in reference to Christianity or Islam.[1][2][3]

Infidel is an ecclesiastical term in Christianity around which the Church developed a body of theology that deals with the concept of infidelity; which makes a clear differentiation between those who were baptized and followed the teachings of the Church vs. those who are outside the faith.[4] The term infidel was used by Christians to describe non-Christians or those perceived as the enemies of Christianity, especially Muslims. The usage of the term for non-Christian monotheists distinguishes the term from heathen or pagan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infidel
QuoteQuote:
Islamic

The Arabic word kafir (literally the one who "covers", usually translated as "disbeliever") is the Muslim term commonly translated into English as infidel.[12][13] In the Islamic doctrinal sense, the term refers to a person who does not recognize the one God (Allah) - atheists and polytheists - and not to religions such as Christianity, Judaism - who are seen as "People of the Book (Ahl-e-kitab)".[10][14][15]

Kafir, like infidel, has also come to be regarded as offensive,[16] thus Muslim scholars discourage its use due to the Quran's command to use kind words.[17] It is even a punishable offense to use this term against a Jew or a Christian, under Islamic law.[16] Muslims today however do tend to use the term indiscriminately in reference to all non-Muslims

Last edited by jeffkrol; 10-27-2010 at 01:39 PM.
10-27-2010, 01:41 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Hey, who are you going to believe - them and their book, or your Christian preacher?
10-27-2010, 01:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

...or you can just forget about all that sh*t and just live life to the fullest and happiest you can.

Smell the roses.

Jason
10-27-2010, 02:20 PM   #4
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
...or you can just forget about all that sh*t and just live life to the fullest and happiest you can.

Smell the roses.

Jason
You didn't even live yesterday to the fullest, who do you think your kidding?
You'll probably start changing you mind a little when illness, death or tragedy comes knocking. You know, that's why us Christians are Christians, because we're scared to death about death. Because there's nothing rational about Christianity, I mean this stuff can't be true right.
Please have pity on me, because I am a..... CHRISTIAN!
PRAISE HIM!

10-27-2010, 08:47 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tmj41765 Quote
You'll probably start changing you mind a little when illness, death or tragedy comes knocking. You know, that's why us Christians are Christians, because we're scared to death about death. Because there's nothing rational about Christianity, I mean this stuff can't be true right.
PRAISE HIM!
Archie Bunker is alive and well........
10-27-2010, 11:57 PM   #6
Veteran Member

PRAISE HIM!
Tragedy and death have come knocking on my life's door several times throughout my life, what makes you think you know more about this than me? Probably because you have no idea. Second, as a Christian myself, why should I be afraid of dying? Its a natural part of our life cycle. Only a fool would think he can cheat death or live beyond what we are physiologically capable of. A life lived in the prison you create is not living, by the way. And yes, yesterday was a good day.

God made the roses, now go out and smell them before you give yourself a heart attack and alienate your loved ones.

Jason
10-29-2010, 12:58 PM   #7
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
Tragedy and death have come knocking on my life's door several times throughout my life, what makes you think you know more about this than me? Probably because you have no idea. Second, as a Christian myself, why should I be afraid of dying? Its a natural part of our life cycle. Only a fool would think he can cheat death or live beyond what we are physiologically capable of. A life lived in the prison you create is not living, by the way. And yes, yesterday was a good day.

God made the roses, now go out and smell them before you give yourself a heart attack and alienate your loved ones.

Jason
From your reply on 10-27, it sounded as though you were not a Christian, but one that just lives for this moment with no care of eternity. sorry

10-29-2010, 03:40 PM   #8
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I live with no fear of eternity, because I don't believe in it.

Besides, how can you be afraid of death if it means eternal life?

The correct answer is:

Hinduism.
10-30-2010, 02:11 PM   #9
Veteran Member

From your reply on 10-27, it sounded as though you were not a Christian, but one that just lives for this moment with no care of eternity. sorry
You know what they say about quick judgments. Giving Christians a bad name isn't very cool, even 2000 years later.

Jason
Closed Thread