Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-30-2010, 07:46 AM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Stop Girl Scouts from Buying from China

Please help stop the Girl Scouts of America from buying uniforms from COMMUNIST China. Facebook Page:Stop Girl Scouts From Buying From China | Facebook
Use this page to send an email:Girl Scouts of the USA: Contact Us
This is what I sent:
It is despicable that the GSA is even considering uniforms from China. Clothing made by cheap exploited labor of COMMUNIST China is not the answer. I personally will not give another dime to the GSA if this occurs.

10-30-2010, 07:55 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mdave13 Quote
Please help stop the Girl Scouts of America from buying uniforms from COMMUNIST China. Facebook Page:Stop Girl Scouts From Buying From China | Facebook
Use this page to send an email:Girl Scouts of the USA: Contact Us
This is what I sent:
It is despicable that the GSA is even considering uniforms from China. Clothing made by cheap exploited labor of COMMUNIST China is not the answer. I personally will not give another dime to the GSA if this occurs.
Maybe they can contract with a prison here in the US...........
10-30-2010, 08:18 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Not to stir the pot here, but what percentage of the clothes on your back and in your closet comes from China/India/Asia?
10-30-2010, 08:47 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Is it possible to buy clothing from anywhere else? It seems to me we don't have much of a textile industry in NA any more.

10-30-2010, 09:09 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by legacyb4 Quote
Not to stir the pot here, but what percentage of the clothes on your back and in your closet comes from China/India/Asia?
Almost everything ---------- and don't blame the Chinese/Indian/Asian for this state of affairs!

Guess who's fault it is!
10-30-2010, 09:46 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Stop Girl Scouts from Buying China
But what will they eat dinner off?

---------- Post added 10-31-10 at 02:47 AM ----------

Besides, how communist - sorry, COMMUNIST - can they be if they're selling stuff?
10-30-2010, 09:49 AM   #7
Banned

The bottom line is Americans are the most lazy people on the planet. They want their produce from the US but don't want to pick it, they want their clothes made here but don't want to work in a factory making it. Here in NJ the kids don't want to work in McDonalds and are the most spoiled kids in the world. BTW they are the most clueless also since they have a street smart of a five year old.

10-30-2010, 10:11 AM   #8
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

jogiba, that's one of the few posts of yours I have agreed with.
(As I read it though, I was starting to get concerned that you wouldn't be able to work the word "clueless" into it, but you came through in the last sentence. )
10-30-2010, 11:13 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Ye Gods, if you don't want to wear anything Commie-looking, don't join the Girl Scouts.
10-30-2010, 12:13 PM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Ye Gods, if you don't want to wear anything Commie-looking, don't join the Girl Scouts.
The Scout Association worldwide is older than any Communist state, past or present - it's not their fault if the uniform got copied! (I was a Scout Leader over here for 20 years). As others have commented, the majority of clothing these days is made by cheap exploited workers throughout Asia - and not just in Communist countries. The capitalist sytem the world over builds on cheap exploited labour when it industrialises, which is how we got to communism in the first place. Unfortunately it just proved that expoitation of others and greed seem to be common human traits that manifest themselves whatever the system...
10-30-2010, 12:51 PM - 1 Like   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Just so all of you know, the uniforms are currently made in NJ, thats in the United States. I guess all of you above don't feel it is worth the effort to save those american jobs. I do.
10-30-2010, 01:06 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Just so all of you know, the uniforms are currently made in NJ, thats in the United States. I guess all of you above don't feel it is worth the effort to save those american jobs. I do.
Dave, I don't believe that anybody in this thread is against your sentiments and also I believe that we all wish you success in your endeavour.

The problem is the tiny drop in a huge ocean that your concern addresses.

What we are referring to here is the modern day problem that all manufacturers have access (maybe only for a short period in history-who knows) to the enormous power of the very cheap labour rates in China (amongst others) and the breadth of manufacturing jobs that have gone there is to the detriment of the workers in rich, high salaried countries.

Again I wish you great success and admire your concern enormously.
10-30-2010, 01:17 PM   #13
Inactive Account

""Here in NJ the kids don't want to work in McDonalds and are the most spoiled kids in the world. ""

Correct to a certain extent except McDs is geared to hire the cheapest dumbest off the street. They pay the lowest, out west most of the employees are illegals. McDs was the 2009 Title Corporate sponsor of La Raza (The Race). O'Bummer has just given them a pass on Obama Care and the food is crap by many peoples' opinion. They have pictures of the food on the cash register keys for a reason. It's a good day out here if you manage a coffee drive through without repeating your order 2 to 3 times and you better check whats in the cup or bag before you drive away. For me only when the next coffee or pee stop is 300 miles away.
10-30-2010, 06:50 PM   #14
Banned

This thread is the reason why the US is dead meat on the world stage. You people bring up stupid stuff like this when the world economy depends on a skilled workforce for the 21st century . The brain dead tea party people want to eliminate the Dept. of Education and go back to the Constitution. Go ahead and the US will go back to the stone age at the speed of light. We have people talking like five year olds about their guns and the rest of the world must be laughing their butts off at us for having so many brain dead people that don't have a clue about the new world economy in 2010.
10-31-2010, 01:57 AM   #15
Inactive Account

为什么一部分西方人充满了无知与偏见?不从中国买,你们还会从其它第三世界买,难道仅仅是因为共产主义?在中国没什么共产主义,同样也是资本主义,你们老是强调中国威胁世界,可是看看现在是谁在威胁中国,美国把本属于中国的领土给了日本,在中国边境建立了军事基地,中国只是想把美国的指向胸口的剑挪开一点,就是要威胁世界了?其实看穿了很简单,就是西方白人主义在作怪而已