Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
11-03-2010, 05:43 AM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
Found the enclosed picture in Finnish weekly news magazine covering the US election. If this wasn't a highly respected publication I'd be sure this was a forgery for propaganda purposes as this seems pretty rich to me: could this really be a campaign poster published by the tea party?
It's very possible.....

11-03-2010, 06:34 AM   #92
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
Found the enclosed picture in Finnish weekly news magazine covering the US election. If this wasn't a highly respected publication I'd be sure this was a forgery for propaganda purposes as this seems pretty rich to me: could this really be a campaign poster published by the tea party?
It wasn't only them. I know two people here in South Florida. Both of them came from Cuba and Venezuela. They and their families had escaped the tyranny of these once free countries which are now dicatorships. Make no mistake about it, they are dictatorships and their people have no chance of voting the dicators out.

The point is, before Fidel Castro and Hugo Chavez were elected, the two guys I know to me both Fidel and Hugo used the term "Change" in their campaigns as well and they were both concerned about Obama. Thanks in part to the US Constitution and its structure makes things much harder for someone to centralize power.

I don't know if the Tea Party made that sign. The sign could have been made by a small group of people with some money so anyone could have done it.

"You know those people who disagree with me are our enemies!"

Who said this? Did traderdrew state this? What would you all think of me if I characterized all of you who disagree with me as my enemy? I want you to know who said this quote. Look it up! How many years has this person had to think this?

Last edited by traderdrew; 11-03-2010 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Enemy quote
11-03-2010, 10:36 AM   #93
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by traderdrew Quote
Yes and we know who sends prices up with irrational exuberance. The purchasers of those mortgages did. I would love to have more faith in people and I still do but there is a point and others on this forum claimed they saw it also but some people were still buying.
One of the things that's left out in all this is that along with the speculation of these times and the equity loans and refinancings being sold right and left, ....there was another, simple matter.

Rising rents. And often abolishment of rent control. And before that even, the notorious 'condo conversions,' ...For people remotely able, it quite often *was* an advantage to buy a home rather than pay rents which could be up to 85 percent of their income in some places for working poor.

Until the housing prices got *bubbled,* it really did make a certain amount of sense to be at least paying off a mortgage rather than paying a landlord.

Until these mortgages started going *underwater,* it still would, in fact.

As long as you can stay afloat. The problem has a lot to do with people getting underwater in personal debt and other bait-and-switches, and then not being able to sell *out* because of all the crashing. (And what did Bush say to do as a response to 9/11? Run up those credit cards and don't you dare oppose the trillion-dollar war, traitor!') ...Thanks to all that financial advice and 'free market' advertising, and even 'prosperity gospels' out of the megachurches.
11-04-2010, 12:11 PM   #94
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
By the way, Bush on TARP and "the Wall Street":
QuoteQuote:
The former president's candor was again on display last night when Lauer raised the subject of TARP, the emergency program Bush signed into law in October of 2008 that bailed out banks, saved the American economy, and inadvertently created the Tea Party. Lauer asked the president if he had any regrets. Bush's response--which probably could have saved a few House incumbents--is bound to be Timothy Geithner's ringtone by the end of the day.

"I can understand the angst," said Bush. "But in my case, I wasn't worried about angst, or personal angst, or contradiction. I was worried about the economy going down. And I believe TARP saved the economy." Then, because he's George W. Bush, he refers to Wall Street as "the Wall Street."
Morning Vid: Bush Says 'TARP Saved the Economy' | The Atlantic Wire

Closed Thread