Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2010, 08:54 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
explain to me

how do you justify such blatant hypocrisy????
QuoteQuote:
He listened as one local conservative after another railed against Washington and the federal government and the Congress that Mr. Boehner has inhabited for 18 years, only to emerge now, perhaps improbably, as the face of much hungered-for change.

With the autumn leaves fluttering down in a swirl of crimson and bronze, Mr. Boehner stood up to make his case for Bill Johnson, the local Republican candidate for the House, and more broadly for a nationwide sweep that he hopes will propel Republicans into the majority and himself into the speaker’s post, second in line to the presidency.........At each stop he draws on nostalgia for the Republican glory days of the 1980s, by telling the same joke. “Remember when Ronald Reagan was president,” he said. “We had Bob Hope. We had Johnny Cash. Think about where we are today. We have got President Obama. But we have no hope and we have no cash.” It draws hoots of laughter and applause every time.

As he zipped across a southeastern swath of Ohio this weekend, partly by coach bus, occasionally by the black S.U.V. that is the more customary mode of transport for Congressional leaders these days, Mr. Boehner made a succinct and forceful pitch for Republican candidates and for their view of America.

He is also playing it safe, refusing to answer reporters’ questions about substantive topics, including the recently foiled terrorist effort to mail explosives to the United States.

Instead, he offers a sharp stump speech, tightened to about six minutes.

“Look, I have got to tell you straight up,” he begins, “because I am not Nancy Pelosi, I am not Barack Obama. I say what I mean, and I mean what I say.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/01/us/politics/01boehner.html
As I said earlier.. why now???? If he did it earlier MAYBE we wouldn't have had the financial meltdown. People baffle me.

11-01-2010, 06:50 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
“Look, I have got to tell you straight up,” he begins, “because I am not Nancy Pelosi, I am not Barack Obama. I say what I mean, and I mean what I say.”
There is a huge logic fail there.

The bottle of bleach told me “look, I have got to tell you straight up, because I am not Arsenic, I am not Cyanide. I am totally safe to drink.”