Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
11-02-2010, 10:59 PM   #16

Hah, just bought a DA 15mm Limited and DA 17-70/F4 today, so I guess I am a little late to this game. Now back to regular programming and picture snapping...

11-02-2010, 11:30 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by QFish Quote
Listen people! The only way to help Pentax with improvement of they product is to stop buying they products. It is not a secret that there is no fair business. So, If there is no respect to what we discuss here and response to our little wishes for camera improvements STOP discussing! Who buys Pentax to shoot sports? Who needs 7fps? How many sport news photographers have you seen with Pentax K7? or will see with 7fps K5?
Why did they stop making 50mm f1.7? Is it opticaly inferior to f1.4 for $400?
Instead of improving products they just play games. where is remote assistant for K5? Why the top of the line camera is it designed for 100K clicks when mid range Nikon 7000 for 150k
Perhaps only for my own amusement, but:

Pentax does respect our discussions. Ned Bunnell has said that he appreciates the instant feedback from the likes of this forum. And the products that have been released very closely match many of the requests made around here. Consider the most recent announcements. Improved AF, focus point indicators, lower-cost prime lens, lower-cost WR lens... all things we've asked for.

Who buys Pentax to shoot sports? Well, sports Pentaxians, of course.

Who needs 7 FPS? Well, for that matter, who needs 2 FPS? Faster frame rates help bracketing, especially for the likes of HDR. I'd take 60 FPS, even if only for 3 frames, if they offered it.

How many sports news photographers have I seen with Pentax? Hm. None. How much sports news photography do I do? Hm. None.

Why did they stop making the 50/1.7? Well, 50mm is now moderate telephoto, which most people use only for portraiture. Portrait photographers can pony up for the 55/1.4, methinks, which is an excellent lens for that purpose. When 50mm was a general purpose lens, it made sense to offer multiple versions in that length. Now that 35mm is the "normal" length, it makes sense to offer multiple versions of that. And, guess what? They do! 31, 35 macro, 35, 40, not to mention a number of zooms...

By your reasoning, they're playing Sudoku all day because they release a camera that can pull off a respectable 51200 ISO, with dramatically improved autofocus, but which doesn't have tethering. Hm. Maybe I should play games more.

Why design a shutter for 100k clicks? How many photographers get to 50k clicks before selling their DSLRs nowadays? I'd rather see them develop the flash system than improve the shutter reliability, because by the time I hit 100k actuations I probably wouldn't mind terribly the excuse to buy the latest camera.

What else... let's see... oh, right. If Pentax didn't design a camera that meets your needs, then don't buy Pentax. Which is what photographers everywhere are doing--when Pentax is the best camera for the job, we buy; if not, we buy another brand. Which is what you're suggesting. Which is how the market works. No assembly required!

Thanks for that exercise. I like trolls who make refutable arguments. Its the trolls that make inane arguments, and repeat them over and over, which deserve being ignored. (I read some other forum earlier today. By the way, JohnBee, you have credibility in my book.)
11-03-2010, 02:14 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Is that Mr Hanky (?) I see?
11-03-2010, 02:40 AM   #19
Ira
Inactive Account

That reminds me:

Isn't Mr. Hanky due for an appearance this season, especially with Christmas coming up?

11-03-2010, 04:47 AM   #20
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No sign of the OP - looks like a post & run...

Could QF = RH reincarnate?
11-03-2010, 06:17 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter

Another day, another moron.
11-03-2010, 06:31 AM   #22
Banned

Hey look people. I just added the first name to my ignore list!

11-03-2010, 07:31 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

spotted qfish.......

Last edited by dcmsox2004; 11-03-2010 at 07:32 AM. Reason: info
11-03-2010, 08:07 AM   #24
Veteran Member

I for one will be joining QFish in his boycott.

Pentax, I will not be purchasing another K5 this month. And I probably won't buy another body for at least 12-18 months.

There, that ought to teach Pentax a lesson.
11-03-2010, 08:23 AM   #25
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I am shocked by all of the reactions here.
I can't believe a post titled "Listen People!", by a new member, with low post count, bashing Pentax, didn't earn him instant credibility and respect. confused2
11-03-2010, 08:42 AM   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
I say we grab Pentax right be the balls and deny them their right to die!
What could be worst than keeping them alive against their own will?
Crotch-rot.

Someone please close this thread...
11-03-2010, 08:51 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Crotch-rot.

Someone please close this thread...
The BACKSPACE key is your friend.

In other words,
if you don't like the program,
change channels.
11-03-2010, 08:53 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Heheh. I guess now that the election's over there are a lot of unemployed attack-ad makers out there with nothing counterproductive to tell people to do.
11-03-2010, 03:44 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Heheh. I guess now that the election's over there are a lot of unemployed attack-ad makers out there with nothing counterproductive to tell people to do.
The unemployed ones are pros who don't troll for free, only for money.

Such jobless pros can still make a living, stealing from orphans & widows.

The ones to watch out for are those who are just in it for the juicy lulz.

It's kinda like what conservative humorist (??) PJ O'Rourke said:

Liberals wreck the economy and environment out of misguided principles.
Conservatives wreck the economy and environment just for fun.

But I digress. How to keep PenHoya honchos happy? Upgrade the kit lens.
11-03-2010, 04:16 PM   #30
Pentaxian

Since at least one person did not get it as humor, my "answer" above was in response to the question, prompted by a rather unsanitary image from the earlier sentence. It was not about JohnBee. Sorry if it came across that way.

And I suggested the thread be closed as I believe the OP is now sufficiently bashed as to make further posts unnecessary. Again, it is not about JohnBee.

Maybe I needed a smiley. Here's one.

:-)
Closed Thread