Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2010, 05:05 AM   #1
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
So How's everybody Feeling ..................

................ this fine day-after-election-day morning.

Last edited by Parallax; 11-03-2010 at 05:12 AM.
11-03-2010, 05:40 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
annoyed but I'm used to it after 10 years......
Voice of reason:
Rich Should Pay More Taxes: Langone - TheStreet
QuoteQuote:
Wealthy individuals should pay more taxes and not receive Social Security checks, said Home Depot(HD_) co-founder Kenneth Langone during a CNBC interview. "I should pay more taxes," said Langone, who is currently CEO of investment bank Invemed Associates. "I've never gone into a tax shelter. I tell guys that are always worried about their taxes...stop worrying and go out and do something. You'll make more money doing things than you are saving on your taxes."

"I think it's the price I pay for the benefits this great country has given me," he added.
Rich Should Pay More Taxes: Langone - TheStreet
Unfortunately the voice of reason is a bit hoarse today.....
11-03-2010, 06:07 AM   #3
Inactive Account

So who's stopping him from giving more to the Fed? If he feels he should pay more than he should just do it.
11-03-2010, 06:15 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Weary and a bit worried. Nothing here that was not predicted, but I am worried about governing with an electorate that changes so significantly every 2 years.

11-03-2010, 06:24 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well conservatives did well but we still have Reid, Pelosi, Boxer just to name a few. Too bad. If the republicans do not get anything done then I want them out also.
I guess all in all a good start.
11-03-2010, 06:39 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Artesian Quote
Well conservatives did well but we still have Reid, Pelosi, Boxer just to name a few. Too bad. If the republicans do not get anything done then I want them out also.
I guess all in all a good start.

But the Republican strategy was to see that nothing got done, and the voters rewarded that. I'm wondering what the voters will do in two years.

Last election, we had numerous long-time centrist Dems around my state knocked off by opponents that were more liberal. We had a liberal elected to a congressional district in the southern part of our state where that never happens (and will go back to the R category after this election). This election, strong liberals lost across the country, but then DINOS probably did worse.

The main message to congress coming out of this election may be that the timer has started running, and you have about a year to get something done. For the sake of the country, good luck!
11-03-2010, 06:44 AM   #7
Banned

I will miss watching more of clueless tea party airheads like Christine O'Donnell , Sharron Angle , Carl Paladino etc. It was also fun watching the two woman ( Linda E. McMahon $50 million, Meg Whitman $142 million ) that spent a record amount of their own money and still lost. BTW I hope Palin runs in 2012 because it's fun watching that airhead talk like a kid that dropped out of school.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrzXLYA_e6E[/YT]

11-03-2010, 06:55 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JavaJoe Quote
So who's stopping him from giving more to the Fed? If he feels he should pay more than he should just do it.
guess he doesn't want to feel "special"..... and be the only one who cares more about his country then a few bucks......
Actually that is a point. It always bothered me that Bill Gates et.al. gave sooooo much to other countries when I thought that they should just plop it in the US treasury..... apparently they know where the future really is........
11-03-2010, 07:20 AM   #9
mel
Veteran Member

I'm basically wondering if any of it really even matters at all. Same ol' same ol' but with just a different face and a different letter after their name (R vs D). What canditates say they are for or not for during the election period really doesn't matter one bit. They will vote they way the money tells them to vote (meaning they way their major campaign contributers dictate). There are squirrels on both sides of the aisle.
11-03-2010, 07:36 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Well, I'm glad I just cashed in my 401K before things crash again.
11-03-2010, 07:40 AM   #11
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
I'm basically wondering if any of it really even matters at all. Same ol' same ol' but with just a different face and a different letter after their name (R vs D). What canditates say they are for or not for during the election period really doesn't matter one bit. They will vote they way the money tells them to vote (meaning they way their major campaign contributers dictate). There are squirrels on both sides of the aisle.
You're basically right, Mel. The only thing that may have made any significant difference is if every single incumbent, both Democrat and Republican had been defeated.
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Weary and a bit worried. Nothing here that was not predicted, but I am worried about governing with an electorate that changes so significantly every 2 years.
Don't worry too much, Gene. That only happens during the first midterm of a Democrat presidency.
11-03-2010, 07:55 AM   #12
Veteran Member

You're basically right, Mel. The only thing that may have made any significant difference is if every single incumbent, both Democrat and Republican had been defeated.
Don't worry too much, Gene. That only happens during the first midterm of a Democrat presidency.
Actually, it also just happened at the end of a Rep. presidency.
11-03-2010, 07:58 AM   #13
Inactive Account

But the Republican strategy was to see that nothing got done, and the voters rewarded that. I'm wondering what the voters will do in two years.

!
Uhm, question for you. Up until Teddy croaked the democrats had a super majority. In other words pretty much any thing the Republicans did had no bearing on their agenda. What ever that may have been. And the bit they did ram down the US's craw they ran from during this campaign. So finally, the question. How exactly did the Republicans stop the Democrats? Seems to me as though they did it to themselves.

Would rather see Sarah than Pelosi.

Last edited by JavaJoe; 11-03-2010 at 08:05 AM.
11-03-2010, 08:02 AM   #14
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Actually, it also just happened at the end of a Rep. presidency.
Yes, after eight years.
11-03-2010, 08:05 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Not happy, but relieved that morons like O'Donnell, the Nevada woman, Whitman, Paladino, and maybe even Joe Miller didn't sneak in.