Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2010, 12:00 PM   #1

Amazon is selling a Guide for Pedophiles

And I just sent a request to close my account.
No need to say more, this is just disgusting. I prefer to buy at a more expensive price in knowing that the company has a minimum of ethic.

Amazon.com title defending pedophilia sparks boycott call - CNN.com

If you are interested, you can also join a Facebook group.

11-11-2010, 12:17 PM   #2
Veteran Member

What is wrong with people like you? You've got way too much free time on your hand. I suggest you go plant a tree, or buy yourself a planeticket to Haiti, or something.

close your account!

facebook group!

ohh the horror

This is not the first time Amazon had a slip up like this, as if the staff there go through every submitted piece, plzzzzz.
11-11-2010, 12:25 PM   #3
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They immediately pulled the book.

So let's not be so quick to make judgments about ethics.

And although I don't condone pedophilia, I value freedom of speech more.

Do you prefer buying from WalMart? Where they won't carry a book with the word "c*n't" in it?

These are not decisions for retailers to make. It's my freaking brain, and I'll put any garbage in there that I want to.
11-11-2010, 12:35 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
What is wrong with people like you? You've got way too much free time on your hand. I suggest you go plant a tree, or buy yourself a planeticket to Haiti, or something.
close your account!
facebook group!
ohh the horror
What is wrong with me? Well, I can ask you the same question!
And obviously you have as much free time as I do, if you are able to answer to topic you don't care about.

Last edited by Miguel AB; 11-11-2010 at 12:40 PM.
11-11-2010, 12:37 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
They immediately pulled the book.

So let's not be so quick to make judgments about ethics.

And although I don't condone pedophilia, I value freedom of speech more.

Do you prefer buying from WalMart? Where they won't carry a book with the word "c*n't" in it?

These are not decisions for retailers to make. It's my freaking brain, and I'll put any garbage in there that I want to.
I don't buy at Walmart either.
11-11-2010, 12:47 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I suppose I (and many others) would take a dim view on a reseller that screened books for (in)proper content too; Amazon would seem to between the rock and the hard place with this.

11-11-2010, 01:10 PM   #8

Original Poster
Again, I am not against freedom of speech.
If this guide was just a sexual content book for adults, I wouldn't care.
11-11-2010, 01:18 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Miguel AB Quote
Again, I am not against freedom of speech.
If this guide was just a sexual content book for adults, I wouldn't care.
are they stuffing the book into your hands? are they taping your eyes open and forcing you to read it. Is this book going to be part of the next curriculum at a christian school, perhaps it will be given out along with the bible to new priests. I KID I KID...

Its a book, and knowledge is knowledge

you know you can put a bomb together from reading a high school chemistry book, lets ban those while we are at it.
11-11-2010, 01:22 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I can see $20,000 for the tank, but $150 for a rubber scrotum? That's just nuts.
11-11-2010, 01:27 PM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
are they stuffing the book into your hands? are they taping your eyes open and forcing you to read it. Is this book going to be part of the next curriculum at a christian school, perhaps it will be given out along with the bible to new priests. I KID I KID...
Its a book, and knowledge is knowledge
you know you can put a bomb together from reading a high school chemistry book, lets ban those while we are at it.
Gooshin, starting from your first answer on that topic, you are making your answers personally directed and to tell you frankly, I don't appreciate that. If you don't have the same opinion than me on this topic, fine, I accept it, but having true arguments would be more useful.

You are saying "It's a book, knowledge is knowledge": here is the following sentence from the author. Really would you qualify this as good and necessary knowledge?
“I hope to achieve this by appealing to the better nature of pedosexuals, with hope that their doing so will result in less hatred and perhaps liter [sic] sentences should they ever be caught.”
11-11-2010, 01:27 PM   #12
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Aha - so all knowledge is good knowledge then...
Even that which misleads people into making stupid decisions that affects not only themselves but others - oh yes, it's the person's responsibility what they do with that knowledge - then we get into the whole 'right' or 'wrong' debate...
Well anyway, everything is permissible, not everything is beneficial.

But I want me that book on curing depression by exercising the anal sphincter... goodbye prozac.
11-11-2010, 01:35 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
$150 for a rubber scrotum? That's just nuts.
Uh, yeah that's usually what a scrotum is.

Miguel, if you think that is a personal attack, you need to do more than lighten up.
11-11-2010, 01:38 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Gooshin, starting from your first answer on that topic, you are making your answers personally directed and to tell you frankly, I don't appreciate that. If you don't have the same opinion than me on this topic, fine, I accept it, but having true arguments would be more useful.

You are saying "It's a book, knowledge is knowledge": here is the following sentence from the author. Really would you qualify this as good and necessary knowledge?
“I hope to achieve this by appealing to the better nature of pedosexuals, with hope that their doing so will result in less hatred and perhaps liter [sic] sentences should they ever be caught.”
if you dont want someone poking fun at you personally, then dont post personal topics

let me quote your original post, and please pay attention to the bold

And I just sent a request to close my account.
No need to say more, this is just disgusting. I prefer to buy at a more expensive price in knowing that the company has a minimum of ethic.

Amazon.com title defending pedophilia sparks boycott call - CNN.com

If you are interested, you can also join a Facebook group.

No, I am not interested, in either the book, a facebook group, or what it is that you do with your personal accounts..

I find your tantrum to this event silly, and I think you need to grow up. The whole flag waving thing is sooo 1990's.
11-11-2010, 01:44 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Goosh, I hardly ever agree with your point of view. But I must say, well said.