Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2010, 04:00 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
True "small business" want taxes

QuoteQuote:
“The high-end Bush-era tax cuts are contributing to our financial ruin rather than our economic success,” said Margot Dorfman, chief executive officer of the U.S. Women’s Chamber of Commerce. “They should expire as scheduled on Dec. 31. We don’t need more tax cuts at the top; we need more consumer spending at the middle.”

“Tax cuts for the wealthiest should be reserved for periods of budget surpluses and full employment,” said Jim Houser, owner of Hawthorne Auto Clinic in Portland, Or. and co-chair of the Oregon Small Business Council.

“Letting the Bush tax cuts expire for the wealthiest is the right thing to do, and the responsible thing to do,” said Frank Knapp, chief executive officer of the South Carolina Small Business Chamber of Commerce.
Small Business Owners Say Tax The Rich - Ashlea Ebeling - The Best Revenge - Forbes
BTW: We need to "redefine" ""small business" in a more realistic manner..............

11-17-2010, 04:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
True small businesses want fewer tax forms. No one seems to talk about that.
11-17-2010, 04:39 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
True small businesses want fewer tax forms. No one seems to talk about that.
First things first..........
Of course if it wasn't for the loopholes there would be no need for sooo many forms......
Just a link:
http://www.businessforsharedprosperity.org/resources/The+Business+Case+for+L...ax+Cuts+Expire
QuoteQuote:
As a fellow businessman once told me, ‘Give me more customers and I’ll be forced to buy equipment and hire people to meet demand. Give me a tax break without more customers and I’ll just go to Aruba.’”
Funny.
11-17-2010, 05:26 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Big businesses that obviously and actually run small businesses out of town have better lawyers, tax dodges, and subsidies from 'pro-business' conservatives. While paying little back into the communities they feed off of.

Simple.

If what we thought we'd just gotten out of was so 'pro-small business,' funny how it did the exact opposite and was proclaimed a 'success' by those who did it.

11-18-2010, 09:36 PM   #5
Todd K.

So the real heading should be "A small, small business interest group wants Taxes".
11-18-2010, 10:50 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Todd K. Quote
So the real heading should be "A small, small business interest group wants Taxes".
OR a REALLY FREAKING HUGE "small business" wants a tax break........