Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2007, 01:00 PM   #16

I think I have found his address based on some snooping.

He posted this image of a panorma he took saying it was of his front yard. Please notice the name is called Tremont drive. Also notice the mailbox and the attached newspaper box.

Now take a look at this image posted in his photobucket account. Corroborating landmarks can be seen. On the newspaper box it can clearly be read HERALD-LEDGER. Also note the mailbox number 133, other pictures show the house across the street with #132

So we have 133 Tremont in a city with a Herald_ledger newspaper. Now doing some searching there is a newspaper and a tremont street in Lexington Kentucky. Now Google maps shows an overhead view of a 133 Tremont in Lexington, specifically Berea/Madison a suburb in kentucky that matches the housing styles and the surrounding area.

So we have through photographic forensics determined that Kingsofroin (Joe/Joey) lives or has lived at 133 Tremont, Berea Kentucky 40403.

09-27-2007, 01:02 PM   #17

Be careful what you put online.
09-27-2007, 01:04 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
hahaha that was entirely too easy for you.
09-27-2007, 01:12 PM   #19

Unbelievable c.r.brown... I am impressed...You work for law enforcement agency by any chance?

09-27-2007, 01:20 PM   #20
Veteran Member

bahaha not even close. it's just skills you pick up in the crowd we're from.
09-27-2007, 01:35 PM   #21

And what crowd that may be?
Unfortunately, we here (as everyone else on the Earth) have jokes about policemen.
I just hoped that c.r.brown might be the one that does not fit into the usual picture. It seems that I was wrong. Although there might be officers that actualy did the same thing, but did not report it to the audience.
09-27-2007, 01:38 PM   #22
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by c.r.brown Quote
Be careful what you put online.
lol! save the pix locally lest he delete them from his online galleries...

09-27-2007, 01:39 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Branimir Quote
And what crowd that may be?
Unfortunately, we here (as everyone else on the Earth) have jokes about policemen.
I just hoped that c.r.brown might be the one that does not fit into the usual picture. It seems that I was wrong. Although there might be officers that actualy did the same thing, but did not report it to the audience.
a clique of photographers, designers, programmers, and other misc talents that get together to laugh at drunk photos and talk about tech/net stuff.

he got a pentax cause i kept pimping mine (and it's the best value/price ratio by far)
09-27-2007, 01:45 PM   #24
m8o
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by c.r.brown Quote
So we have 133 Tremont in a city with a Herald_ledger newspaper. Now doing some searching there is a newspaper and a tremont street in Lexington Kentucky. Now Google maps shows an overhead view of a 133 Tremont in Lexington, specifically Berea/Madison a suburb in kentucky that matches the housing styles and the surrounding area.
MapPoint will give ya an isometric, 3/4 view, selectable of the front/sides/rear of the building!
09-27-2007, 02:17 PM   #25
Not Registered

QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
no prob... as I hope is evident by my liberal use of smileys, its all in good fun.

When I read "Ann Arbor" I think Michigan. Are you newly immigrated here? Welcome if so.
Yeap, I came to Michigan a couple of years ago I just hope that MapPoint does not show me writing in the forum instead of working
09-27-2007, 02:38 PM   #26

why is this thread open, what's the point? it obviously doesn't involve anyone HERE except two potential buyers and a seller. this is trouble and letting everyone give their two cents will prove erroneous in the end on the moderators side.

the solution? a 'buyer beware (insert "shady" member here)' sticky at the top of the MP forum to inform other members they have/can/would conduct bad business practice(s).

Starting a thread for members totally unrelated to the situation to be in on the high school drama is total BS, shame on the moderators for leaving this open.
09-27-2007, 03:04 PM   #27

*Took back comments on POTN*

Last edited by Mikhail; 09-27-2007 at 07:03 PM.
09-28-2007, 02:30 AM   #28
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boosted84wagonmonster Quote
why is this thread open, what's the point? it obviously doesn't involve anyone HERE except two potential buyers and a seller. this is trouble and letting everyone give their two cents will prove erroneous in the end on the moderators side.

the solution? a 'buyer beware (insert "shady" member here)' sticky at the top of the MP forum to inform other members they have/can/would conduct bad business practice(s).

Starting a thread for members totally unrelated to the situation to be in on the high school drama is total BS, shame on the moderators for leaving this open.
This does involve other people than the two buyers that got bilked and the thief. Whether you like it or not this forum represents a community. Albeit, a virtual community, but one that consists of real human beings with real feelings that reside in a common area and share common interests and goals. This community, not unlike your 'real' brick and mortar community, has standards for behavior. When one of the members of this community treats other members of the community badly, we all can be affected. If my neighbor gets robbed I am concerned. I will have lots of obvious questions - when did it happen? How did they break in? What did they take? Are you ok? And the obvious, what should I do to prevent such an incidence at my place. I wouldn't just stick my head in the sand and say, 'Not my problem' and treat the situation with disregard.

We bring to this virtual community the same morals and values we express in our real community. Our curiosity is not of a morbid nature where we rub our hands with glee and whisper "sucker!" under our breath. We want to know the outcome because we care about the members of our community and, not unlike a crime in a real community, want to be aware so this won't happen to us or other members of the community. A desire to know the outcome is a natural curiosity that would also follow a robbery in our neighborhood. Did they catch the bad guy? It is all part of the moral system we were raised on. Values drilled into our heads as children; if you do the crime you do the time. If someone does bad things there have to be consequences for their actions.

There you have it. I believe that this thread should be allowed to stay open so other concerned members of this community have an opportunity to express their feelings over this incident. I would love to go to his house and chastise him for being a bad person; but will I? No. I will have to trust that the victims will have justice through proper legal channels. Just like I wouldn't take it upon myself to track down the bad guys that robbed my neighbors home, I still have a concern to know if they are caught.

If this is all too deep for you just gloss over it and read other threads.
09-28-2007, 04:28 AM   #29
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

I am in total agreement with Jeff and He said it so well I can't add much more. The silence of the 2 victims in this situation would tell me that this has, unfortunately had a bad outcome. Enough time has passed that Paypal would have refunded them by now. Too bad this rotten apple scammed these guys. I wish them luck in getting their money back.
09-28-2007, 05:02 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
It's funny & sad Spam who posts here sometimes decide not to call the queen out on his seemingly criminal behavior here, as spam was "following his thread" on this forum. If the queen was a canon user and did that to canon members, and came to Pentax, I certainly wouldn't offer him a warm welcome as he was offered there on the canon board. I'd call him out if I knew of his activities. Puts spam in a different light to me now.

edit: never mind ... my bad ... I did not look @ the dates!
Yeah, if id kept up with here more often i would have seen the thread in the market place and let one of the mods know and he would have been outa there faster than anything.

The thread i was following at the time was the one where he was considering "jumping ship" and a few people on here were being none too friendly to him. In a different view, when i was considering the opposite swap a while back, the guys on there were still supportive of me and told me to do what i felt was right.

As soon as i read the dodge for sale thread, i instantly felt rather bad about the "welcome" i gave him.

But you know what is funny? If the reverse scam situation had happened on there, the thread would have been locked pretty quickly and the victims would have been left on their own to sort things out. That forum takes a very blunt approach to deals gone bad and stand behind their "we are not responsible for anything that goes wrong" line. So its good that Mo has kept the thread there and is allowing discussion of it. But that may be because its the first scam thats happened on the forum.

oh and my dad came home with a K10D today. So that brings our DSLR count to 2 canon and 2 pentax and an assortment of glass between the two. Now im really regretting not waiting the extra month in the first place to get the k10

anyways, ill go back to lurking now...
Closed Thread