Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-30-2010, 10:36 PM   #136
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Then there are the other people who refuse to be outbid, in some cases, at Any price ($1000 Cosina?, Wasn't that a 55mm f1:1.2?). My bottom line is this.. If I expect to make a profit on something, that's where I set my price. Most times I get it, other times I don't. If I don't, then I paid too much.
Sorry for the late reply - yep, the $1,001 Cosina was a 55mm F1.2. There was a bidding war between a buyer in Japan and a buyer in Indonesia - and I was the real winner. (Or rather, my wife was - she got a K-x with the profit!) That was, by far, my best eBay sale!

12-30-2010, 11:03 PM   #137
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That was Your lens? I didn't see the auction, was never interested in the lens. I just remembered reading something about it here. I've had people pay some pretty crazy prices for stuff (hey, they offer it with their bids, I'll gladly take their money) but never anything like that. Last Cosina I paid any attention to was about a $300 lens and I don't even know if That one sold.

Hope Mrs is enjoying her K-x ..

12-31-2010, 05:56 AM   #138
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
That was Your lens? I didn't see the auction, was never interested in the lens. I just remembered reading something about it here. I've had people pay some pretty crazy prices for stuff (hey, they offer it with their bids, I'll gladly take their money) but never anything like that. Last Cosina I paid any attention to was about a $300 lens and I don't even know if That one sold.

Hope Mrs is enjoying her K-x ..

Yup, that was my lens. These was some skepticism here but I can assume you that it was all legit. I had paid about $240 for it the year before, new in box, and was figuring that I'd get around $300. Shortly before, there's been a sudden glut of A 50mm F1.2s on eBay; I missed most of the best deals but got one with a dented filter ring and a K1000 for $350 (non-dented ones had been going for around $300 but at this point, these were about the only ones left, and I was able to straight the ring enough to put on a filter), so sold the Cosina. I had no idea it would sell so well, but there hadn't been any posted in eBay in the previous couple months at least.
12-31-2010, 06:15 AM   #139
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Groucho Quote
Yup, that was my lens. These was some skepticism here but I can assume you that it was all legit. I had paid about $240 for it the year before, new in box, and was figuring that I'd get around $300. Shortly before, there's been a sudden glut of A 50mm F1.2s on eBay; I missed most of the best deals but got one with a dented filter ring and a K1000 for $350 (non-dented ones had been going for around $300 but at this point, these were about the only ones left, and I was able to straight the ring enough to put on a filter), so sold the Cosina. I had no idea it would sell so well, but there hadn't been any posted in eBay in the previous couple months at least.
Ok, that tells me when it was. I bought my A50 f1:1.2 from that same guy I think. I got one of his earlier ones ($500 or best offer?) and then bought another one with the intention of reselling it later to pay for both. That one had 5 chips in the front glass however like it had been banged on the sidewalk or something like that. I made him take it back.

Let the skeptics skeptic. Your wife still got a K-x out of the deal ..

Happy New Year!

12-31-2010, 06:37 AM   #140
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Seems like someone *really* wanted that Cosina :-)
01-01-2011, 02:24 PM   #141
Veteran Member

It's not hard to sell here. It's just difficult to sell something and get what you want for it.

When Adam first set this forum and marketplace up, it was strictly a place for members to buy and sell amongst themselves.

At the point when he decided to allow "Re-Sellers", the entire complexion of the marketplace changed. And, IMHO, not for the better.

I recently listed two K20D bodies with Grips. The offers I got were somewhere between $250 and $400 shipped and including fees.

I won't sell mine that low. but, apparently, a lot of people did.
01-01-2011, 08:32 PM   #142
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I see no one is taking the economy into effect. The people in Asia only paid 6 or 7 hundred american for the Cosina Lens because the US dollar isn't worth 50 cents over there.

01-02-2011, 12:29 PM   #143
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nevertheless, Ed makes a good observation - there is almost a precedent set by the resellers with their considerably lower prices. We know our gear is not worth that little money, and is a shame when instead of selling on this fine forum, sellers end up advertising on eBay and having their highest bidder considerably exceeding their original asking price. Does indicate something...
01-06-2011, 09:41 AM   #144

Why must it be one way, and the seller should get what he expect? Your gear is worth exactly as much as you can get for it. There is also the buyer, who thinks for sure resellers are doing a great job with low prices.