Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2010, 03:21 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Computer Purchase: Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

I'll be buying my daughter and her family a new desktop computer for Christmas. They live in Florida; I live in New Jersey... so I'll be ordering online and having it shipped. Any e-commerce experts out there have any thoughts on whether it would be better in terms of price to pull the trigger in the early hours of Black Friday or wait until the early hours of Cyber Monday?

11-24-2010, 05:25 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Are they really calling it Cyber Monday now?
11-24-2010, 05:28 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Been Cyber Monday for quite some time... Far better for me than Black Friday. Couldn't get me any where near a store that day regardless of what is inside.

Biro,

Try here..

dealnews.com: Best Deals & Coupons on Laptops, Desktop Computers, HDTV, Dell, HP, Sony, Apple

It's pretty good for tracking current bargains or deals.

11-24-2010, 05:55 PM   #4
Ira
Inactive Account

They have such a limited number of units at the advertised prices that it isn't worth the headache.

Just try to go to WalMart on Black Friday and find one of the big specials. (Each store gets like 5 units.)

The economy stinks, and all stores will be offering bargains right up until December 24th (and beyond).

11-24-2010, 06:56 PM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
They have such a limited number of units at the advertised prices that it isn't worth the headache.

Just try to go to WalMart on Black Friday and find one of the big specials. (Each store gets like 5 units.)

The economy stinks, and all stores will be offering bargains right up until December 24th (and beyond).
Do the letters NFW mean anything to you?

11-24-2010, 08:19 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for the link, Jeff. Remember the poor Wal-Mart employee who literally was trampled to death as he was opening the doors of the store on Long island a few years ago? The crazed shoppers didn't even notice - or didn't care. They had bargains to get! That's why I do a lot more shopping online these holiday seasons.
11-24-2010, 09:09 PM   #7
Veteran Member

After Holiday Sales
11-25-2010, 05:43 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Where can I find the best deals on the k-5???
Faith

11-25-2010, 08:43 PM   #9
Pentaxian

I made my decision and ordered a box of new parts today to do my upgrade. The prices of my wish list items at Newegg dropped about $75 which was good enough for me. Gigabyte MOBO, 4 Gig memory, Western Digital Cavier Black HD, AMD X3 CPU, Samsung DVD burner, and Windows 7 for a little under $400.
BTW, Windows 7 Home Premium,OEM is $84 at Newegg right now.

Tomorrow I sleep in, it's my day off.
11-25-2010, 09:16 PM   #10
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Biro Quote
Thanks for the link, Jeff. Remember the poor Wal-Mart employee who literally was trampled to death as he was opening the doors of the store on Long island a few years ago? The crazed shoppers didn't even notice - or didn't care. They had bargains to get! That's why I do a lot more shopping online these holiday seasons.
Yes, I do remember. See my response to Ira about black friday brick and mortar store shopping.