Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2010, 12:46 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax in Popular Music

I'm listening to the radio as I browse the Internet today and the Pentax brand just popped up as a musical lyric that I had forgotten about. The program (for those in the NYC area) was Jonathan Schwartz, who plays American popular standards on public-radio station WNYC. The song was "Popsicle Toes" by Michael Franks:

"You must have been Miss Pennsylvania
With all this pulchritude.
How come you always load your Pentax
When I'm in the nude?"

Many of you may already know the song (which may be 30 years old already). But I just thought I'd share. Hope everyone is having a great Thanksgiving weekend.

11-27-2010, 11:38 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Oh, here's a link in case anyone actually might like to hear it:

11-28-2010, 05:12 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
One thing about Jazz... The words don't mean squat if the music is tight... LOL
11-28-2010, 07:11 AM   #4
Ananta Androscoggin

A quick peek on the iTunes store found 10 versions by 7 or 8 artists.

11-28-2010, 07:41 AM   #5

There is a famous song by Tom Jobim called "Desafinado" where the person singing says he used a Rolleiflex.

Fotografei você na minha Rolleiflex (I photographed you with my Rolleiflex)
Revelou-se a sua enorme ingratidão (It showed you enormous ingratitude)

But the verb "Revelar" besides meaning "to show" also means "to develop or process film"
12-18-2010, 11:14 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I didn't want to start a new thread to post this, but tonight my wife and I were watching a bit of "Godzilla vs. Mothra" for a goof and about an hour into it a professor in a helicopter photographing Godzilla reeking destruction on Japan was using a Pentax with what looked like a wide angle lens. The film was made in 1964.
10-26-2011, 11:34 AM   #7

A Hard Day's Night

I read this thread today, and have to add that recently I watched the Beatles in A Hard Day's Night, and to my delight, there was Ringo in the famous walk about scene snapping away with a Pentax SLR. He even had some extra gear with it to attempt a shot with the camera sitting on a rock (it fell off the rock into the water). I also seem to remember another scene of the other Beatles in a limo, and one of them (maybe George Harrison) was holding a Pentax and shooting out the limo's window at the screaming girls. Memories from a long time ago....

Last edited by infovision55; 10-26-2011 at 01:56 PM.