Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-28-2007, 01:01 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

my dualie freeride bike. i do everything on it.

my hardtail freeride. i also do everything on it. it got a chain guide after this pic was taken.

09-28-2007, 04:03 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Here in Holland we have more bicycles than people, and it is a crowded place...
Yeah, I've been - stayed in Amersfoort - fell in love with the place.

QuoteQuote:
I do everything on it
Everything!!!???
09-28-2007, 06:58 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Nice rides attack11
09-28-2007, 08:42 PM   #19
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
I guess the next question is - ever go out carrying photo gear?
On the rare ocassion, I get the time to combine an early morning ride with some photography, I am in heaven. I carry my k1000 or my ZX-5n (till I sold it last month) in my rear panniers; however I haven't been comfortable putting my k10d in them. I carry that in a back pack when I take it cycling. I tie my tripod to my rear rack.

10-01-2007, 01:47 PM   #20
Inactive Account

I would like to find something like a Raleigh Special, but I weigh around 150 kg (331 lbs) and I'm 1.9m (6' 4") tall, so I need to sit on one to know for sure whether I could buy it.
10-02-2007, 10:50 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bymy141 Quote
Here in Holland we have more bicycles than people, and it is a crowded place...
To meet the standard our family of 4 persons owns 6 bikes, which probably meets the average around here.
Hah, I'd fit right in over there - between me and my husband we have 5 bikes. Granted, only 3 of them are currently rideable, but I'm working on it!

As for biking with the camera, on occasion I've stuck the K100 in a backpack and taken it along. I feel pretty confident with it in a backpack, I figure I act as a shock-absorber for it. No problems so far.

Julie
10-02-2007, 12:58 PM   #22
Veteran Member

I am a biker, and proud of it! In fact, my work right now consists of building mountain bike trails all over the world. Yes, I bring my K10D with me

I have ridden a cyclocross bike for everything for about 5 years...from mountain bike races to road rides. This is me climbing a hill to finish 2nd at an 8-hour race at Hardwood Hills, ON.

10-02-2007, 01:04 PM   #23
Veteran Member

I guess the next question is - ever go out carrying photo gear?
I do. Tripods aren't much fun to carry. I don't trust strapping it to my rack, but it tends to leave bruises and otherwise drive you crazy when carrying it on a strap across your back.
10-03-2007, 06:47 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bike rider here. Have BBA along with LBA. Have a Raleigh Competition road bike (steel lugged frame, Campy), Schwinn Peloton road bike (steel frame, Shimano, when Schwinn made good bikes. Same geometry as Paramount), Cannondale V900 mountain bike (dualie), Vision R40 blue recumbent ( swb, oss steering), Vision R40 red ( same as blue R40, won it from Recumbent & Tandem rider magazine about 18 months after buying the blue one). The bike I really ride the most (besides red R40). Is the Optima Baron lowracer. I lay 12" off the ground when riding. I do everything on this bike. Came from the Netherlands ( as hard to get here as a Pentax 200 macro). Idiot actually totalled our car as we were bringing it home (800 mile round trip). Bike and trailer lived. 3 year old Taurus died.
Pentaxians are supposed to be a different breed. This should prove that.
thanks
barondla
Attached Images

10-16-2007, 02:38 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Hi,

I ride all over Athens as it makes more sense than public transportation and/or walking. Besides, with the trails we have here over at the Acropolis and Philipappou, it just begs for off-roading. I am in Paris this weekend and will be using a bike as my main source of transport.

Jas
10-16-2007, 04:04 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi Jas, I've never cycled in Athens how do you deal with the polution in Athens? Wouldn't this affect your breathing and such?
10-16-2007, 04:13 AM   #27
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, I'm not as dedicated as some of you, or have a particularly exotic mountain bike but I do like 'doing' the trails here and taking the camera in tow. Was a poor year for it this year though. Almost every weekend was rain only got out a couple of times. The camera in a backpack can be an issue when it's hot. I don't like the idea of carrying lenses on a rack as I'm not sure what the vibration could do to them over time and as we all know Pentax glass is precious.

Anyone ever get one of those childs tow units and carry stuff in that?
10-16-2007, 02:57 PM   #28
Veteran Member

I cycle to work daily 3 seasons here (forget about it in the winter!)

In the summer, I cycle almost everywhere... I spend only 1 tank of gas per month in the summer!

I don't own a special or expensive bike... just an average mountain bike with a few improvements (removed the knobby tires and put on wide road tires, put on a good "prostate saver" saddle put on a better chain as I snapped the original apart)

Pat
10-16-2007, 03:03 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Are there any cyclist (not motor) members.
Yup. Last big trip I made was a cross-country ride back in '95. Went from Washington D.C. to Virginia Beach, then across the mid-tier states to the west coast. Used to race in the very late '60s...but I wasn't good enough to keep at it.

The only professional sports I follow anymore are pro cycling and tennis. I lost heart when the Dodgers traded Steve Garvey. Couldn't even guess who played in the World Series last year.

It was a mild shock when I found out that my road bike is considered an old school "classic". Company doesn't make bikes anymore. It is a Mondia, from Switzerland. Maybe it is time to 'upgrade'?
10-16-2007, 03:06 PM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
...Pentaxians are supposed to be a different breed. This should prove that.
That is one sweet bike!