Original Poster
Koooollll

QuoteOriginally posted by Gaelen Quote
I signed up....Going to give it a try tonight
Tanx Mate...

09-26-2007, 10:05 PM   #17
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by stewart_photo Quote
Some would consider it very creative marketing to praise a product without revealing your own connection to it.

stewart
Agreed. this seems to be of the canned meat variety, though if you disclose your connections, there's no issue.
09-27-2007, 12:37 AM   #18

Photos: Gallery
To be honest Ben, in my eyes you loose all credibility when you start spamming forums like this.

I've also seen your multiple post on other forum sites as well. "A New Revolutionary Web 2.0 Portal, [...] It IS awesome..."

Your are spam-promoting a sub-par website for your own personal gain (being a vice president) using the most lame buzz-words. How low can you go?

I did regard you not only as a good photographer, but also as a solid personality with a good amount of honesty and integrety. Well, I was wrong.

From now on your praise of Pentax will sound utterly hollow.

- Larsen.
09-27-2007, 02:04 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Reading the first post I thought it was obvious Ben was connected to the site somehow - a bit gushy and all that.

09-27-2007, 03:11 AM   #20
Inactive Account

Hmmm - let me see if I can express how I really feel about this thread ....

... how's this?

Last edited by J.Scott; 11-23-2007 at 05:13 AM.
09-27-2007, 03:36 AM   #21
Inactive Account

Right on the money J.Scott.
09-27-2007, 04:03 AM   #22
and
Veteran Member

The image says it all

09-27-2007, 04:21 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
My Appolgies

QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
The image says it all
Sorry about promoting a social portal that I am affiliated with It was not ill intended.

Ben
09-27-2007, 04:42 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Spam!

Spam! Spam! Spam!
Spam! Spam! Spam!
Spam! Spam! Spam!
Spam! Spam! Spam!

SPAM! SPAM! SPAM!

"It was not ill intended."

Sad, Really.
09-27-2007, 05:07 AM   #25
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Frakkas Quote
To be honest Ben, in my eyes you loose all credibility when you start spamming forums like this.

I've also seen your multiple post on other forum sites as well. "A New Revolutionary Web 2.0 Portal, [...] It IS awesome..."

Your are spam-promoting a sub-par website for your own personal gain (being a vice president) using the most lame buzz-words. How low can you go?

I did regard you not only as a good photographer, but also as a solid personality with a good amount of honesty and integrety. Well, I was wrong.

From now on your praise of Pentax will sound utterly hollow.

- Larsen.
Larsen - I think your reaction is a bit over the top. Granted, Ben did do a bit of spamming, but to write his integrity off over it is a bit much. I'm sure he wishes he didn't do it now - so let's forgive and move on! I for one welcome his continued contributions to the forum.
Cheers, Dave
09-27-2007, 05:29 AM   #26
Not Registered

As far as I see it, to read this Spam-like posts is the price that we have to pay for having some of his good nice (and relatively sparse) posts about technique. I did read some of his previous posts and you can see that when he raves about something is because there is some interest behind. On the other hand, one can understand that a successful photographer with Marketing colaborations with this company or pentax dont have the time to work a little bit better in hidding his covers (like happened to his alter ago Bentax in Dpreview) To me that is cool, but I guess that we would feel less offended if he would not think that we will eat all that cr*p without complainings. If the product is good enough, you usually dont need to use this kind of strategies.

Have a good one,
09-28-2007, 12:27 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
OK

I am the VP and Shareholder in we-r-you technologies as well as being responsible for Strategy and Creative Marketing...There you have it. I am also Officially sponsored by Pentax France who are aware of the technology I represent.

Best Wishes
Ben
09-28-2007, 02:00 AM   #28
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks Ben. Instead of the "teaser" stuff, could you actually explain what the website is about and what it does? (In fairly basic terms please )
09-28-2007, 05:20 AM   #29
Not Registered

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I am the VP and Shareholder in we-r-you technologies as well as being responsible for Strategy and Creative Marketing...There you have it. I am also Officially sponsored by Pentax France who are aware of the technology I represent.

Best Wishes
Ben
Hope you also still making pictures, I really like them
09-28-2007, 07:23 AM   #30
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote

Best Wishes
Ben
I can only hope you learned from this strategic and creative gaff Mr. Vice President. Trying to sell your product with the ole razz-a-ma-tazz, whiz-bag, golly-gee-willakers approach didn't go all that well here. We may not be all that technically brilliant as you but we all know the smell of fromage when it is in the air. Maybe try again with a more honest, down-to-earth approach; you never know, it might work.

Remember - I don't hate you - I hate spam!
Closed Thread