Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2010, 02:56 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Beach Camera is the absolute worst- they've now sent me an e-mail stating they've received the returned lens but classified the transaction as a "refund."
I have not received the refund as of yet- which is always immediate with Paypal. They have the lens and because it's after Friday evening they wont be open til Monday: so I have no refund as of yet- and instead of shipping me the correct lens they've cancelled the transaction and I'm left w/o any lens.
All they keep doing is sending me e-mails stating they're sorry!!!
Based on my transaction with them- I will NEVER buy from Beach camera!
They've completely botched-up this order------- never again!

12-17-2010, 04:05 PM   #17

Original Poster
Beach Camera - beachcamera.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings
Pretty much says it all~
12-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #18
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They're not that bad - but yeah there's a reason they're not up there with BH or Adorama.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-17-2010, 04:13 PM   #19

Original Poster
Adam you have more faith in them than I.
I made one order with them and they've completely botched it......in these times there re no reasons to accept nothing less than good customer service and communication.

I was actually excited thinking I had found a somewhat lower priced seller than B&H (which I usually buy from) and was eager to accept them as a prompt shipper being in NJ: but this experience has shown me otherwise.
I will use eBay again as long as Paypal will protect my purchases....but not with Beach Camera!

12-17-2010, 04:19 PM   #20

I bought my K10 and kit lens from Beach, and got excellent service and pricing. Shipping was pretty quick too.

-Matt
12-17-2010, 04:22 PM   #21

Original Poster
Matt I was hoping for the same experience as you had.........just ship me the lens I paid for and not switch it for another and then ask me to return it and then cancel the transaction without my refund having been issued (yet!)
Beach Camera isn't for me.
12-17-2010, 05:07 PM   #22

I'm so sorry to hear that Steve...that first feedback from the retired couple and the monster manager really troubled me - but then I looked at their previous reviews and it seems like they're not THAT bad. I hope everything works out with you and the refund! From my past experiences, it usually takes a couple of business days for the refund to go through. I may or may not give them a try.

12-17-2010, 05:10 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I bought 2 W80`s from them through Amazon, everything was as advertised and the shipping was speedy.
12-17-2010, 05:11 PM   #24

Original Poster
Thanks idkjai, it seems they're hit or miss- you either have a fine experience or they give you hell if something isn't right.

I'm not too worried, just bummed out they weren't what I'd thought they'd be!
12-19-2010, 12:48 PM   #25

Original Poster
Well I have some very pleasing news to share regarding this situation. Maurice from Beach Camera called me personally today to discuss the negative experience I've had with this order and has made the necessary corrections to resolve the order. He has volunteered to ship the lens "express" via FedEx and says the lens should be in my hands in a day or two.
I am of course happy to report I've received an e-mail confirmation regarding a tracking number for the FedEx shipment.

I explained the number or errors that occurred with the order and he seemed genuinely concerned that they correct the situation and resolve it with a pleasing outcome. I am confident that I should be receiving the lens shortly.
I thank everyone for their views either-way and wanted to inform the forum of the response from Beach camera....a great final outcome.