Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-27-2010, 10:03 AM   #46
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Regardless of where the saying may have originated, IMO, the yellow race shall rule the world. That by shear numbers and by present economic indicators. If there is anything left "to rule" in the fairly foreseeable future, due to the increasing inability to provide for exponential population growth and decreasing inhabitable and/or food producing land.

China's economic system, IMO, is superior to that of the USA for example. China is able to lend money to the USA, a fact never previously envisaged. Pictures of and reports of peasants in China that have come to my attention, indicate that they are happy. China (or the West!) is now more open to information about China and its citizens. It is all very beautiful, with extensive culture and very up-to-date infrastructure. I know, it is a difficult pill to swallow! Compared to what is happening in the USA today; the Hispanic aliens political problem; increasing unemployment and under-employment; failure to properly address the economic condition; drugs; gangs; murders; overpopulated prisons; refusal to consider better forms of correcting behavior, as for example in Sweden; an over-emphasis on enforcement of any law as obscure as it may be (basically akin to a Police State or at least a State's Attorney's State); the search for the cruelest of punishment, i. e. State(s) or Federal; double or even triple jeopardy; workers leaving to find work and to then, hopefully, send money back home; the over-paid executives; the greedy corporations; terrorism; failure at or no attempt to face the solution to the home terrorist problems; the evangelists who frighten the uneducated and others into their own beliefs; to name just a few, it seems to me that China is far ahead. For all those issues I would visit China but not the USA! Perhaps it shocks you that anyone would mention this impression, Think on these things!

I'm not suggesting that people not do whatever they can reasonably do to lessen global warming if indeed there is such a thing. It appears to me there is contradictory evidence and measuring criteria keeps being exposed as faulty. Nevertheless, for the benefit of the Tree Huggers and those that espouse Global Warming etc. people's efforts have a minuscule effect, when compared to the others I mentioned.

12-27-2010, 10:50 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
China is in an interesting position: if they repeat our mistakes, particularly in terms of climate issues and pollution and wealth stratification and general irresponsibility, (not to mention self-centeredness in terms of nationalism) then they're just going to be part of that system screwing us all that much faster.

They do have some advantages of having the high-tech that was *so* expensive in terms of cost to the world: if they use them well, they could even be the ones to save civilization.

It's something I knew from when I was very young: exporting the Western lifestyle in concert with refusing to mature that lifestyle (and that technology) into something sustainable would have and has had, a tremendous effect on what those things do, and the contexts within which they operate, when they're out of our hands.

They do have more choice than we may have seemed to. It remains to be seen how they'll use it. Obviously, not all signs are very encouraging in this regard.
12-27-2010, 11:42 AM   #48
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
.................... they could even be the ones to save civilization. ................
I suppose that would be appropriate since they had a huge part in creating it.