Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2010, 05:44 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I took the cake back out of the baskets and boxed it all up in little slices in a nice box and it's on it's way over to the VA house as I type along with some of the nut breads I made and some cookies. From the enthusiastic chorus of "H-E-L-L YEAH's!" I got when I called over there this afternoon I really don't think it will go to waste.

12-17-2010, 05:58 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Great use for the cake. But I think you should make another one for the hosts of the party you'll be skipping. Do you know how to cook with Ex-Lax?
12-17-2010, 06:34 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I did that once by accident actually. My Mom used to use that stuff and she had some in the cupboard and it wasn't labeled. I thought it was chocolate and threw it into a batch of brownies I was making for a slumber party snack.

Needless to say nobody got much sleep that night and it was a good thing we had 2 1/2 bathrooms in that house!

Been there done that and I couldn't go there. I can be a royal b-ch when riled, but even I am not that mean, lol.
12-17-2010, 06:39 PM   #19
Veteran Member

As a professional Chef...all I can say is welcome to my world. I can completely relate to your frustration.
I had to make and decorate 150 cupcakes once for a wedding only to find out that they brought their own...nobody decided to tell me this until AFTER the freaking wedding!!!

I do agree chocolate and orance is an amazing combination...only thing better is chocolate and passionfruit!

12-17-2010, 07:26 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Damn that cake sounds delicious!.."if you don't have room we'll make sure it'll be eaten" ..i'm willing to help you too if that is what is needed .
I have to say i only advocate violence in selfdefense or very serious matters..and that does seem one XD i think i would at least have shouted a bit, and yep..a big, old, galant slap would have been justified..
I'm sure the cake will be appreciated (i know i would!).
12-17-2010, 08:39 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm a sucker for chocolate and hazelnut gianduia type things. I think that's my favorite combo chocolate and hazelnut, but chocolate and orange probably comes dead second. Lately I've also discovered that I really like homemade chocolate and pumpkin truffles. I made my first batch of gourmet candy this November. I did dark chocolate and pumpkin truffles and also some with rosewater, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in a holiday spice center.

Yum....

If you haven't guessed by now I'm a major foodie and I freely admit it. I don't have the stamina to go professional or the even temperament that being a pro chef truly requires but I love cooking and learning to make new things.

I'm actually thinking of moving to Seattle in the future for two reasons, the great photography community out there and the divine food markets, food festivals, etc. They do have some of that here, but it's nothing like the Northwest.

Never had chocolate and passionfruit. I am going to have to go there I think, sounds great!

QuoteOriginally posted by casil403 Quote
I do agree chocolate and orange is an amazing combination...only thing better is chocolate and passionfruit!
12-17-2010, 08:44 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I'm a sucker for chocolate and hazelnut gianduia type things. I think that's my favorite combo chocolate and hazelnut, but chocolate and orange probably comes dead second. Lately I've also discovered that I really like homemade chocolate and pumpkin truffles. I made my first batch of gourmet candy this November. I did dark chocolate and pumpkin truffles and also some with rosewater, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in a holiday spice center.

Yum....

If you haven't guessed by now I'm a major foodie and I freely admit it. I don't have the stamina to go professional or the even temperament that being a pro chef truly requires but I love cooking and learning to make new things.

I'm actually thinking of moving to Seattle in the future for two reasons, the great photography community out there and the divine food markets, food festivals, etc. They do have some of that here, but it's nothing like the Northwest.

Never had chocolate and passionfruit. I am going to have to go there I think, sounds great!
Sounds awesome!
I made orange and chocolate cookies and peppermint shortbread for Christmas functions at work this year.

White chocolate lime and basil is pretty skookum too!
Dark Chocolate and passionfruit is right up there with really good booty!!!