12-20-2010, 02:25 PM - 1 Like   #1
Inactive Account

I'm from the government and I'm here to help

And 10 other lies.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsUZkxyYJUk[/YT]

12-20-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
People who say that never tried plugging in "I'm from the phone company and I'm here to help."

Or, "I'm from the bank."

Or "The Insurance Adjuster."

Or "The Stock Market."

Or "The Currency Exchange."

Here to help? As opposed to whom?

Also they probably never imagined welcoming "Fire Department," or "Boston Police," or "City Water," coming to help, either. That's for the plebes, or something, eh?

Maybe you could tell those people on the roofs of what was left of their homes in New Orleans what they thought about Bush's idea they didn't want to hear the government saying, 'We're here to help.'

Most of my family *spent* their lives if not *risked* them to *be* just that, lad. From the government. There to help.

Not be test cases for already-failed economic theories of the rich.

Make no mistake. Screw my IQ, screw the Ivy League, screw the false promises of churches and banks and moneyed interests that said otherwise, but I'd have been damn proud to do just so.

Whiny rich people or would-be-rich people sniffing about 'gummint' like they don't need 'help' till they make a bad bet and need the taxpayers to cover it, well, ....Forget you. If you don't like it, *you* go move to your offshore bank account.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 12-20-2010 at 08:33 PM.
12-21-2010, 09:34 AM   #3
Site Supporter

I'm from Australia.
I've come to help with your political issues.

Oh, hello Mr. Murdock.
12-23-2010, 10:06 AM   #4
Pentaxian

I'm from New York..up yours!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

12-23-2010, 10:46 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
I'm from New York..up yours!

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Heehee. With. A. Rubber. Hose. YanowatImean?

Most of the people saying that come from places that take more from 'the gummint' than they ever put in, then come claim it's the other way around when they think of the big city. Where they say, "I'm from Middle America, and I'm Scared And Over-Armed."
12-24-2010, 08:40 AM   #6
Pentaxian

I am from Florida and was raised in the world of southern politeness. Everybody was ma'am or sir in school. My first day in the metro NYC area (north Jersey), I went into a diner and the guy behind the counter asked "What the <bleep> do you want?"

Welcome to NY!

In reality, New Yorkers are great people who have no problem helping their neighbors. It just isn't often visible on the surface. New Yorkers take pride in their bad attitudes but when trouble comes, we band together like true family. Take 9/11 as a prime example. The village where I live had a mid winter power failure in below 0 temps a few years back that lasted several days. A shelter was set up but closed after a day because nobody showed up.