Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
Veteran Member

What are the favorite books of the RNC chair candidates?

QuoteQuote:
Maria Cino's favorite is the classic To Kill a Mockingbird. Reince Priebus named The Reagan Diaries as his first choice. And current RNC Chairman Michael Steele's favorite is War and Peace.

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times," Steele recited -- which is actually a line from Charles Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities.

But the real highlight of the exchange came when Ann Wagner responded to the question, saying, "Probably my kitchen table." What was she referring to exactly? Her favorite bar, apparently, which she thought she was being asked. Her favorite book, though, is George W. Bush's new memoir, Decision Points.

01-03-2011, 06:51 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Who are you people, and what are you doing in my dream?
01-04-2011, 01:49 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, I agree one hundred percent. If it were not for some books we would not have any books at all. You can tell a well read book by its cover, if it still has one. If it does not have have one it is more difficult to tell not only if it has been well read but even its Cover Price, Title, Year of Publication, and sometimes the Author's Name. Certainly Ratmagiclady is very well read. The novel she refers to is quite difficult to understand. "Who are you people, and what are you doing in my dream? " asks very profound questions as is evident in its Title. It is really a book of metaphors which deal with images in its paragraphs of long forgotten photographs. All in all it is an "Alice In Wonderland" type of text. I'm sure the topic of this thread will appeal to those of all political persuasions and different tastes in photography. It will be interesting to read the comments of others on this very eclectic topic.