Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2011, 10:49 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
There goes my mad money rant ! my dream purchase went poof story!

ok, recently I had been saving for future purchases.

the first one is the FA31 by which I can now afford so to speak with some $700 cash + selling my FA35 and have a bit more extra by selling my FA50/1.7, which would leave me $300-$400 savings for another purchase. I'm considering this purchase as replacement for both FA35 and FA50/1.7 lens which I'm seriously considering of selling afterwards. I did consider the FA43 which I also liked almost as much as the FA31 but my need for the FOV was evidently the dealbreaker.

as far as other future purchases go, strong contenders would be either the X100 and SD1 but I'm leaning towards the X100 first, due to lens investment for the Sigma. I initially was interested with the Sigma 85 before the FA31 but the stalling had me pissed off. who knows, I might buy it for the SD1 instead, and not for Pentax. but X100 would be my second priority due to my need or a small portable yet powerful camera capable of taking excellent images.

ok, so my dream was pretty much within reach early this year when I suddenly realized my wife's b-day is fast approaching. and since she has been a good girl the previous year and I haven't given her much of a present during the last year due to her shoes and bags fetishes, I decided to give her something that she had been wanting eversince that she still doesn't have or not that oversupplied. a certain set of jewelry.

at first I was thinking around $200 but cheaper the better. although we know that in general, you get what you pay for especially with jewelries. so basically, I was not happy about the jewelries at that price. so I was willing to push it to $300 or maybe $500. seen some really good ones at those price range and cold had stopped there but I felt compelled that I need to atleast appreciate her more or am I just being a bit selfish by saving a bit for myself. anyway, how many of us here have thrown or atleast spent their mad money on their significant other? so, the good husband that I am, I spent my mad cash for my wife. well, there goes my FA31 down the drain.

so now, I'm busy organizing my income tax return and see how much I might be able to reimburse this coming spring. too bad I have to put the FA31 on hold. but so glad that I'm able to spend something other than on myself.

01-05-2011, 03:36 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You could have bought the lens for her explaining that it would allow great photos of her to be made. We girls love flattery. Oh well, it is too late now. But Old Christmas, tomorrow, January 6, is the date the three Wise Men arrived bearing gifts, and the date the orthodox consider the true day to exchange or give gifts. So you still stand a chance. Perhaps there is a Santa.
01-05-2011, 06:31 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sparkle Quote
You could have bought the lens for her explaining that it would allow great photos of her to be made. We girls love flattery. Oh well, it is too late now. But Old Christmas, tomorrow, January 6, is the date the three Wise Men arrived bearing gifts, and the date the orthodox consider the true day to exchange or give gifts. So you still stand a chance. Perhaps there is a Santa.

used that excuse several times. although I think it's good to something selfless for a change. besides, it's not like I'm giving away $4 million dollars to a bunch of nuns.
01-05-2011, 07:32 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
it's not like I'm giving away $4 million dollars to a bunch of nuns.
Apparently you're a saint nonetheless.

01-05-2011, 09:35 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Not down the drain.

Proverbs 31:10 "Who can find a virtuous woman? She is more precious than rubies."

My wife and I just had out 38th anniversary and we spent it over the holiday weekend at a nice little ski lodge in the Adirondacks for $300 plus per night. My DA 15 is on hold for a while too.
01-05-2011, 11:26 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
Not down the drain.

Proverbs 31:10 "Who can find a virtuous woman? She is more precious than rubies."
...And if she knows what's good for her, staying off the commodities market.

Nyuck, nyuck.

Still, it's one of those times. Hopefully it's not about the money and stuff, but sometimes that's the very thing about it. ie, Not money and not stuff.